Hi Andy, North of Auckland gave me your nickname and said you're the man for UW phots!
Will be doing a few dives soon and was wondering if there are any great *free* sites online that can teach me how to understand UW photography and how to get the best shots!
As far as I know, you want to :
1. Shoot as close as you can to the subject.
2. Shoot between 12 and 2pm.
3. Use a strobe/light from a different angle if you need to.
4. Filters don't work that well because of the deeper blues or something at deeper depths?
5. Can't remember much else.
Can anyone build on this? I was hoping to have to buy a strobe as they are expensive as are the housings - Someone said you can just attach an HID light to your mask or something?
Cheers guys "
Can you help?