Thread: radio trigger help

Default radio trigger help

Hey guys. Question. I currently use 3 622-c yongnuo triggers for my 2 off camera flashes. I thought by buying a rf-603 II would do it all wireless. But I was wrong. I still need to attach a reciever on one and put the other in slave and control manually. I use a yn 568ex ii and a Canon 580ex II with a 5d3.

Do I need to invest in the st-e2 or the yn equivalent to avoid charging 6 batteries, attaching everything and adjusting manually?

I just want a system that I can control on camera.

What about using a YN-E3-RT?
    Cheers
    Last edited by Xanctum; 03-11-2015 at 02:50 PM.

I use 4 YN568exII's with the YN622C kit and the YN622C-TX flash controller with my 7D and works fine for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Andrews View Post
    I use 4 YN568exII's with the YN622C kit and the YN622C-TX flash controller with my 7D and works fine for me!
    Yeah my 622's work great.. I am trying to cut down the amount of triggers I need to use, cutting down batteries etc. I was thinking of getting that tx trigger, but I am still having to throw on all my 622s on the flashes.

Throw everything out, and go buy some 600EX-RT's and the ST-E3-RT :P

Works flawlessly, weather proof and well made, and everything runs off the same batteries, no extra triggers to get broken off or left at home. A bit more expensive but the 600EX's have dropped a fair bit in price, and if you don't need that much power Canon just realized the 430EX iii's which now have the RT ability as well.

Atleast Canon is ahead of the game in one area.... I believe Yongnuo's have pretty much exact clones of the Canon 600/ST-ER system.
    Canon 1Dx | Canon 6D | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L ii | Canon 16-35 f4 L | ii Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG OS HSM | Canon 400mm f5.6 L | Gitzo Basalt Explorer 3 | Canon Speedlite 600EX's ST-E3-RT|

Quote Originally Posted by riley989 View Post
    Throw everything out, and go buy some 600EX-RT's and the ST-E3-RT :P

Works flawlessly, weather proof and well made, and everything runs off the same batteries, no extra triggers to get broken off or left at home. A bit more expensive but the 600EX's have dropped a fair bit in price, and if you don't need that much power Canon just realized the 430EX iii's which now have the RT ability as well.

Atleast Canon is ahead of the game in one area.... I believe Yongnuo's have pretty much exact clones of the Canon 600/ST-ER system.
    I must not have hit save after editing.. thats what I thought the answer would be. Just wish I had the dosh to start over with 600's. Oh well maybe mid year next I will sell the lot and get fresh again. Just want to control everything from one. Just wish it was compatible with the yn568ex II.. I am gutted though that I didn't go for the 600.. its only about 20 bucks more on amazon.. DOH!

Cheers.

Yeah they ahve dropped heaps, they where pretty much on the $1k mark at release, and are now going for around $700. Thinking of getting a third one myself before the prices go back with the crappy NZ $
    Canon 1Dx | Canon 6D | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L ii | Canon 16-35 f4 L | ii Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG OS HSM | Canon 400mm f5.6 L | Gitzo Basalt Explorer 3 | Canon Speedlite 600EX's ST-E3-RT|

Yeah I am thinking of selling my 580ex II and with that can almost buy 2 yn600's..

Love my Yongnuo Flash gear best deal out
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Think I figured it out now... 2 yn-685's with a 622c-tx and bobs your uncle. I can get all that after selling my 580exII. Not bad.

Had my 580EXII since I got my 40D many moons ago, may have used it 3 or 4 times in all those years, went to use it the other day and it's a no go...will not turn on no matter what I do...

What a waste of $1000...
    I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

I do not have a facebook page...

Damn.. what a waste. My 580 works a treat, I almost hate selling it. I don't use flash a lot but when I do always hits.

When I shot the Osman's Brothers SIR WRX at auto salon, we hired a couple of lights...I much prefer working with lights as opposed to flash...
    I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

I do not have a facebook page...

I've sold my Canon bodies but pretty sure the YN622C sent all the info and settings from the 5D on board flash controls menu. My three 580EXII's have never let me down touchwood and I still have them and use with the fujis manually....

For what you do I'd go with the studio style strobes that have built in battery packs. 580EXII is handy for those quick shots, I do miss Canon ETTL....
    Canon 17-40L, 70-200L, Canon 580EXII, Samyang 35mm, F1.4 Fuji X100S, Fuji XT-1 and 18-135mm, ISKRA Medium format rangefinder

https://www.facebook.com/RaymondPerrettPhotography

http://raymondperrett.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    I've sold my Canon bodies but pretty sure the YN622C sent all the info and settings from the 5D on board flash controls menu. My three 580EXII's have never let me down touchwood and I still have them and use with the fujis manually....

For what you do I'd go with the studio style strobes that have built in battery packs. 580EXII is handy for those quick shots, I do miss Canon ETTL....
    Yes the 622's are great and work well with the in camera menu.

Do you have any suggestions on a medium range strobe? I know next to nothing about them but do know I want one and want to learn to use one.