Thread: Gee Dam

Default Gee Dam

Just fired up my photo cat system (Lightroom of course) it shows I haven't taken a photo since may 8th, dam thats poor even for me.

How many of you take a nearly month break in taking photos?
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Arthur are you outing? A lapsed photographer, you need to get your mojo back man. Buy something new, go mirrorless maybe

Hey Jos! How's things?

Arthur - I think as hobbyists we probably have times when life takes over and we don't have time to pick up the camera or either lack of ideas or just a slump. I'm feeling that a little bit at the moment - I'd like to try something new - perhaps setting up a simple garage studio with one or two strobes and a Flashbender or something. Nothing expensive. One can only do so many sunsets Perhaps given the amount of hotels I stay in, perhaps this could be fun...

http://www.laroquephoto.com/blog/201...r-hotel-window

Jos yeah , i'm looking at purchasing a mirrorless for our next travels. I don't want to be carting the photography backpack full of paraphernalia next time . I miss your photoshop sessions and did one of those photoshop little worlds for a photography challenge . Just like you showed us how to do it and i don't even have to look at the instructions anymore

Hi Lia! Coromandel looked amazing today as we went past coming back from Samoa!

I bought a Fuji X-E2 last year to carry around with me - mainly for size and weight. Great camera and was easy to travel with. You won't regret it!

Hi Derwood , glad Coromandel looked amazing from up there because it has been a tad miserable and cold on ground level today. Thanks for the input I've been checking out the mirrorless and the Fuji and Sony have a good reputation .

I tend to have a break in summer!
    Nikon D750, D7100 and stuff
    www.chainsawphotos.co.nz

Funnily enough, I've kind of been in the same boat ever since getting the 7DII...hardly had the lens cap off...

While the ridiculously long hours and shift patterns I work does have a bit to do with it, the shoulder injury and subsequent cortisone injection have also held me back and, teaching the wife to drive and getting and fitting her new 17 inch wheels and the subsequent new rims for my car (only right, seeing she has new wheels) have also gotten in the way...i'm finding i'm not out there so much these days...

What's going on?

BTW Lia,

My parents in law are very happy with their Olympus OM-D E-10 and twin lens kit (14-42mm & 40-150mm), seems to work well for them...

Name:  E-M10_SLV_right_DZK_1442EZ_4015.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  106.7 KB
    Last edited by SticII; 03-06-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

I do not have a facebook page...

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I tend to have a break in summer!
    What do you shoot in winter Russ?

Sport.
    Nikon D750, D7100 and stuff
    www.chainsawphotos.co.nz