Thread: Canon m5 as second body - maybe only body eventually

Default Canon m5 as second body - maybe only body eventually

Hi everyone

My DSLR life began with a Canon 600D a few years ago (Pentax K1000 film before that but renewed photography interest), which I quickly realised was not quite what I wanted ... I'd be hard picked to say why. I'd had an early Kodak digital model, can't remember details, then a Sony compact. Anyway I bought the 70D and felt it to be exactly right for me, and still do.

I think the 70D may need a service, sometimes shutter initiate focus at half press, as it used to, and almost seems to jam. My terminology probably not correct, but hopefully understandable.

For quite some time I've been wondering about a second body, and more recently wondering about using that as a transition to mirror less as I don't become younger, and need to look as weight issues. As I have a good range of Canon lenses for EOS it makes sense to me to go Canon m5 with an adapter. Reviews seem a bit mixed, but I notice many are for earlier Canon-m.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the M series, and thoughts.

Thanks
    Rose

When my Mother in law wanted to ditch her DSLR, I pointed her to the Olympus OM-D e-m10 twin lens kit.

14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses, 16.1 MP body with electronic viewfinder and articulated rear touch screen...

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rc...216037&cad=rjt

She loves it...
    I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

I do not have a facebook page...

Quote Originally Posted by SticII View Post
    When my Mother in law wanted to ditch her DSLR, I pointed her to the Olympus OM-D e-m10 twin lens kit.

14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses, 16.1 MP body with electronic viewfinder and articulated rear touch screen...

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rc...216037&cad=rjt

She loves it...
    Thanks....I have looked at other brands including fuji XT, Panasonic and Sony,but as I have a range of EF-S lenses, thought I'd stick with Canon. Have been watching YouTube reviews just now,and think I've made up my mind to get one.