Thread: Small easy to use camera for travel

Default Small easy to use camera for travel

My sister and her husband are traveling to the UK next May and want a small camera about $500 with fixed lens, and a view finder. Just thought I'd ask here for suggestions. I saw a similar thread a years ago, and Fuji got a few mentions. Just wondering if that still holds true.

My Mother in law got rid of her DSLR and went with the Olympus OM-D E-M10 (got it with the twin lens kit),.

Too pricey for what you need though as just the camera and 14-42 lens are around the $1300 mark...

Expert infotec do have this with single lens for $926...

Mother in law loves it, but still expensive...
    I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

I do not have a facebook page...

Quote Originally Posted by SticII View Post
    My Mother in law got rid of her DSLR and went with the Olympus OM-D E-M10 (got it with the twin lens kit),.

Too pricey for what you need though as just the camera and 14-42 lens are around the $1300 mark...

Expert infotec do have this with single lens for $926...

Mother in law loves it, but still expensive...
    I have a more info now, after looking at cameras with my sister. My bro-in-law has quite bad arthritis and a tendency to drop cameras! I've suggested use of wrist strap etc at all times :-). But makes me realise that anything too small will not be suitable. So - it's really a mid size camera they need I believe, with a grip. Doing a bit of Googling. Think they would go up a bit to get right camera.