Thread: Hot surf

Whoa, quick run, I forgot to zip up the dry bag !

that is spectacular
    It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

My Website
    My Blog

How the hell?????? That really is too cool!

lol I've seen that on more than one occasion.

Generally results in having sand ground into your scalp for a couple of weeks after.

Great shot.

I'm off for a surf this weekend in the Catlins, have just ordered the new Gopro HD surf camera, which mounts on the front of a surfboard, and does either video or time lapse stills, but don't think it will turn up in time for this trip.

That's a pity finster, I'm sure you'll manage the odd decent shot though!

By the way, click on the link, there are more!

They're great shots. I've got a 25 year long obsession with surfing, and have a room full of surf mags to match it There's some amazing surf photogs out there.

If you like that sort of thing, try to check out a book called "The Surf Photography of Logan Murray" He's a kiwi, one of the best surf photographers in the world. His book is a cottage industry printing affair, but I picked up a copy at a book store in Gisborne. His work is just stunning, mainly NZ stuff, incredible sea scapes, landscapes and sports shots.

Oo, I've heard that name before. I live in Whakatane and have an old friend Tony Ogilvy, I'm sure he speaks of him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfinster View Post
    I'm off for a surf this weekend in the Catlins......

Good luck with that, she was rolling mean yesterday down there, real mean. I hope you've got a ski

wow!!! that is one cool shot
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

7D, canon efs17-55, canon ef70-200, canon ef100mm 2.8, kenko1.4x, 580exII, poverty wizards, Hoya ND400, Canon s95
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pangpong/

Quote Originally Posted by wirehunt View Post
    Good luck with that, she was rolling mean yesterday down there, real mean. I hope you've got a ski
    yeh, the swell reports this week have been calling 5 - 6 metres

It's gonna drop off today, to a nice cruisey 2 metre swell, which will stick around until Sunday afternoon.

I'd love to check out some of the big wave surfing at Papatowai one day.....from the beach

weka2000 Guest

Biggest I look on was 10/12Ft at the mount ....... Storm surf ........ very strong off shore wind. Big thick slow waves. Rode one from 1 end of the main beach to the other. Wave reformed 3 x and I managed to stay on.

Not all memorys were that great .... there was the time I got dumped and held under ...... then everything went very peaceful ......... untill I surfaced

Don't know that it was that big, but there was some bigger sets coming in, some real nice looking waves at times but christ knows how you'd get out there.

This was posted on surf.co.nz today - someone paddling in at Papatowai, no ski's - a real hard b4st4rd to be doing that....

I gotta spend more time there, a neat looking spot.

He is a keen sort of critter, they broke a couple of ski's down there last (?) year.

goodluck surfing in this

God made two great lights; the sun to rule by day and the moon to rule by night. He also made the stars.
    And He set them all in the heavens to give light upon the earth; And God saw that it was good.

Ive seen the light and it is indeed very good

http://boneywhitefoot.wordpress.com/

another snap form last week

God made two great lights; the sun to rule by day and the moon to rule by night. He also made the stars.
    And He set them all in the heavens to give light upon the earth; And God saw that it was good.

Ive seen the light and it is indeed very good

http://boneywhitefoot.wordpress.com/