Thread: kitekite falls, piha

Default kitekite falls, piha

bit of a hike to get there from car park but pretty cool waterfalls, quite tall, several levels
    the more adventurous can climb higher & get the top pools

theres also a spot on the track in where you can see the whole drop
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    available light ltd - authentic lifestyle photography
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weka2000 Guest

AL you missed a waterfall. The canyon one ..... its below the main ones. There are some intersting points you have to cross to get up esp without ropes
    My tripod is used to hold me as well as camera. Oh and there is one point that is so narrow that u get it wrong you will find yourself wedged

yeh that day we had several small children with us so doesnt surprise me we missed it

lets see a pic of it then
    available light ltd - authentic lifestyle photography

weka2000 Guest

You cant see it easly either. Most people walk right past it.

I need to get my web sorted out. Pain of a template. jalbum is ok but still a pain.

Might have to do these falls again soon. This time without the rain

This shot is of the stream at car park end of the walk. I didn't get many good shots of the falls as the sun came out just as we got there and half the falls were in sun light!

“If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Photocol View Post
    This shot is of the stream at car park end of the walk. I didn't get many good shots of the falls as the sun came out just as we got there and half the falls were in sun light!
    Yeah I could imagine that, not much of a tree canopy there to stop the light if I remember right.