Thread: Classic Bikes, Hampton Downs

Default Classic Bikes, Hampton Downs

A raw sort of place, not a tree or shade of any description. Hope it softens after a few years.
    Olympus E-3 and 150mmf2 or 50-200
    Cheers,
    Don

And a new one
    Last edited by Don B; 26-03-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Great shots. Love the intensity on the face of the rider in photo 1.

The first sidecar photo, one of the riders looks like he's looking straight at you. I've watched these guys at Pukekohe, they're just "mental" the way they throw themselves round a couple of inches from the track

Will you be going down there next month when the Superbike Nationals are on?
    Lee-Anne

Nikon D60 : SB-900 : AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm : AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm : AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm : AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm

Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.
    Dorothea Lange (American documentary photographer 1895-1965)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lee-annemarsh

Cool. Those sidecar riders are nuts.

Cracker shots of some complete nutters

I love the one of 242

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
    Great shots. Love the intensity on the face of the rider in photo 1.

The first sidecar photo, one of the riders looks like he's looking straight at you. I've watched these guys at Pukekohe, they're just "mental" the way they throw themselves round a couple of inches from the track

Will you be going down there next month when the Superbike Nationals are on?
    Thanks for commenting.
    Might see you thereThe circuit is quite good for taking photos.
    Cheers,
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Thanks for commenting.
    Might see you thereThe circuit is quite good for taking photos.
    Cheers,
    Don
    We should arrange to meet up. I'll be the one looking all tentative and trying to hide my camera from the professional guys, in case they start laughing at me

My nephews racing so will be staying in one of the apartments, can't wait. Who would have thought I'd enjoy the racing so much, must be a closet petrol-head
    Lee-Anne

Nikon D60 : SB-900 : AF-S Nikkor 10-24mm : AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm : AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm : AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm

We should arrange to meet up. I'll be the one looking all tentative and trying to hide my camera from the professional guys, in case they start laughing at me

My nephews racing so will be staying in one of the apartments, can't wait. Who would have thought I'd enjoy the racing so much, must be a closet petrol-head
    What date is this on ???

PS. Like the side car shot above. I agree, its a good track to photograph at, although having never been anywhere else don't take my word for it.

Grumply

Grumpy by name - Lovely by nature

Quote Originally Posted by Grumply View Post
    What date is this on ???

PS. Like the side car shot above. I agree, its a good track to photograph at, although having never been anywhere else don't take my word for it.
    Nationals are on the last weekend in March, 27th and 28th. It's the final round (being round 5), with prize giving afterwards. Not sure if prize giving will be at Hampton Downs or whether it'll be back at Pukekohe, the last I heard they still hadn't decided.
    Lee-Anne

Get yourself a fluro vest and stare them down
    The sidecar shots are taken at the downhill hairpin, which is where you get quite close; probably see you there.
    Of course the best by far is Paeroa this sunday. Not only the background of shops and buildings, but the array of people and characters on display.....they all come out for this day!
    Cheers,
    Don

weka2000 Guest

You need to drop your shutterspeed a bit more in order to catch the movement (see#5) the background should be blured.
    The shutter speed looks about right on #1 as you cant see the tire tread as its a blur

#3 is a top shot

#4 is my favourite. Somehow seeing the whites of both riders' eyes gives the photo that little bit extra
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.