Thread: Places of Worship

Default Places of Worship

Self-imposed (perhaps that should be self-inflicted?) assigment for Easter Day was to photograph all of Oamaru's churches.

Just a few of the 20 I captured. Maybe some time I will do them again and take more time, with perhaps some more imaginative angles. My original idea was to process them all in a similar way to make a set but they all seemed to demand different post processing, due to their different personalities and also due to the variation in quality.

When I merrily set off I did not foresee the annoyances of power lines, rubbish bins, vehicles, people, and some of the buildings even had the effrontery to be facing the wrong way for good lighting lol. It was certainly good practice removing some of these things in the processing.

I will put them all in a gallery once I can locate the upload images button

My stuff - Canon 450D (struggling with it) Panasonic FZ28 (love it) Pocket rockets - Kodak V550, Canon PS A580. PSP8, PS6.
    The question is not what you look at, but what you see ~ Marcel Proust

What amazing buildings! You did really well. I went into town today looking for "architechture" to photograph, and took a few at a church, none as stunning as your photos! I had the same issue as you had with other buildings - cars etc. I love the different processing you used too.
    Kim
    Canon EOS 5DMkII | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 70-200 f/2.8L | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580EXII | Some backup gear
    Calibrated |
    http://kimhowellsphotography.co.nz
    Facebook Page

I missed this thread

Nice series Lyn. Quite nice buildings, not like the ugly thing's we have around here.

Awesome work LynEve.... what lens did you use for these? I love the St Andrews... sooo very cute and the 'reformed' looks rather scary!

Wow you did a great job of these, I particularly like the last 3, what lens did you use?

cheers keith

Your usual high standard Lyn.

They are quite something. Very moody some of them. If you can call a building moody....
    Nikon D80, Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, Nikon 35mm f/1.8G, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 older screw-type, Nikon 70-300VR f/4.5-5.6G. Various filters and grads, elderly Velbon tripod (finger biter).

F l i c k r

(I give up trying to get a nice, simple "Flickr" here. )

Allow me

Dah-lingk!! *mwah*

superb photos, Lynn. they're not just photos of Churches, they're more, with the way you've composed and treated them. The 2nd to last one is surreal, the way it pops and the garden matching the church. I especially like how you treated the last one.

Gosh, thanks for those kind words folks
    I am struggling with enthusiasm (or lack of) and coming and seeing that someone had enjoyed those efforts is a real boost.
    I did take the camera out yesterday to shoot some floods but was too old and cold and miserable to get out of the car lol

The lens I used for the churches was the 17-85.
    The rest of them are here in my Oamaru Churches gallery http://www.hellophoto.co.nz/album.php?albumid=197
    My stuff - Canon 450D (struggling with it) Panasonic FZ28 (love it) Pocket rockets - Kodak V550, Canon PS A580. PSP8, PS6.
    The question is not what you look at, but what you see ~ Marcel Proust