Thread: Reflection

Default Reflection

Name:  20100730-12.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  98.9 KB
    D200 Ai-s 135mm F2.8.
    F2.8, 1/8 sec, ISO-800

The movie posters in the background look cool, 'ghostly'...

The pic is quite complex though, your eye's don't know where to focus...

Thanks for comment.

A focus was set to the passing by pedestrian, however in this speed she also burred by motion. The "Complex" is good word for this and reflected to many thing as I intended.
    I was almost dismissing the image but This may give some attention and reflection of mind and moment in this night. (This is really a reflection on the glass surface on opposite side of road, but that is coincidence!?).

Photographically, if the person is stopped in motion then it may be more strong and easily acceptable image.

CWyatt Guest

Hey Ben,
    I like use of blur, don't to be too quick to change that! But like Mesodan I'm not sure what I'm meant to be looking at in this one.
    Interestingly, I've read Cartier-Bresson's favourite shutter speed was 1/125 - which is evident in many of his shots. I like 1/180 too. Worth playing around with.

Thanks,

I think the problem of this image is "nothing in sharp focus" either out of DOF or motion.

I like around 1/30 to 1/60 to chapter motion in street.
    I just do not want to bump up ISO more than 800 so the shutter gets slower and only one chance. (Yes, this is at evening after really dark. not qualified for this month's comp as it was shot last month...)

Because the whole things are actually reflection on the large glass, it was to little difficult with manual focus. (next time will be better if I had similar chance). Title must be some thing lime 'Confusion' or some emotional type words which may suite better for image and intention.

It's great to have a feedback from others.