Thread: Misty Forest

Default Misty Forest

Shoot at Woodlands Estate on a multi model shoot, not many worth posting but I thought I stick one here and see what happens....

Ambient light with a flash to the right next to the wind and smoke machine. Post work in light-room using a cinema film preset I downloaded.
    Name:  _DSC3296.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  330.0 KB
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

I like it, I think the pose is good, and your subject well framed, she is very centred but i think it works with the semi vignette effect you get from the background. The only thing I could say is that it almost looks like a composite because of the lighting. If I was processing I would try putting some texture over it to help blend the model and background a bit better. Or maybe put in a little smoke in front of her leg to help pull her into the scene a bit more.

Lovely shot. The above comments are good though. The background is dark and seems kind of flat. She is too well lit in comparison to the background for it to look natural, so it appears as if she's in front of a backdrop or photoshopped in almost. Some of the flash has lit part of the tree to the left which I find distracting.

Great shot, with nice colour.

The 'puffs' of mist at the bottom of the frame look a little fake though, or un-natural.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

Thanks for the comments.
    The smoke at the bottom is 'real'
    The flash lighting up the tree could be more that the dark vignetting making it stand out more. I have toned it down in the high res version.
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.