Thread: 5D mkII sensor fault found

Default 5D mkII sensor fault found

Seems the 5D mkII sensor degrades quickly over time, rumours are saying its down to the video overheating it but its been apparent in some mkII's that havnt ever been used for video.

Its due to the bayen filter mesh breaking down (this the possible heat cause) giving soft smeary results and poor colour demarkation.

Canon have advised people to wait the global recall whilst they figure out the exact problem.
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

hehe
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

You kill me

Knowing my look something like this will happen

I think the latest models on sale now in NZ are water cooled

Wow! Not flash. Not flash at all. And it'll swallow another chunck of profit if they need a recall.

I can remember when Live-view was introduced and reading that it could only be used for a short time before overheating forces it to automatically switch off. It's stayed with me and I try not to use live view for extended periods.

Live view is not quite as useful as I'd imagined it would be anyway. Canon users will probably shoot teathered in the studio (because the supplied software makes it so easy), and you can't see the LCD well enough in sunlight to make it useful for outdoor macro. Perhaps something to add to out 'dream camera' wish-list would be a hinged LCD so you could see the damn thing when the camera is close to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by North of Auckland View Post
    You kill me

Knowing my look something like this will happen
    Blimey Jack. ROTFLMAO So you think that because you are such an ugly bugger bad things are going to happen? LOL again.

You know I was about to use my powers as a Mod to correct your typo, but the laws of being a bastard forced me to make this different use of your wayward keyboard skills.

Ha, ha

If you are quick - and I am talking REALLY quick - you might just see what is happening here The first video is a 5D (I don't think it is a 5dII, but I have a rule never to let the truth get in the way of a good story)

weka2000 Guest

Better get some nikon shooters around when Jacks 5Dmk2 bursts into flames

I dont use live view on my 1D.

I assumed Rob had made this up...
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

weka2000 Guest

Who knows with Canons resent track record. Look at the # of recalls on the 1 series.

For the record , yes, totaly made up.

Also for the record Nikon arnt totaly recall proof I believe.

Yes they deserve a pat on the back for finaly getting with the full frame sensor crowd, but honeslty , D700 does exactly what the 5D did 3 years before it.
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.