Thread: Karioitahi Sunset

Default Karioitahi Sunset

It's been a while since I've posted anything, anywhere, so I thought I would get some input on this image. All comments and critiques welcome.

Cary J.
    Shooting with Canon 40D w/ grip, 70-200 2.8L IS, and occasionally the 28-135
    My Blog

weka2000 Guest

I think it needs a boast in contrast and saturation. I find it a bit flat.
    Having the people in the shot adds intrest

Great photo, but like Weka said a tad more contrast and a boost of sat to really push it.

This is a superb looking shot. The way the 3 people stoos and where they are positioned at the darkest parts of the rays gives it the "x" factor.

There is something strange/interesting about the sunrays though. Why aren't we seeing them light up the water? Were they that far away?
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.

Looks great to me, but I currently have my monitor at a brighter 'typical user' type setting rather than in calibrated mode.
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
    -- Albert Einstein

Pentax K-5 | DA 18-55mm WR | DA 12-24mm f4 ED AL (IF) | DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited | DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM | Sigma KAF 100-300 f4.5-6.7 UC

yeah maybe a few bits of selective contrast on sea, shore etc but looks quite natural and nice feel to it for me, always love shots of crepuscular rays and wide format works well to give more isolation to the people

Thanks for all the comments. While I do like the look of it, I'll try boosting the contrast a bit more and see what happens. Sometimes I think I'm going to far with the edits, so end up not going far enough.

I'm not sure why the rays aren't reflecting in the water any more than they are. It was pretty late and quite a bit of cloud cover. The sun was still above the horizon but getting low, which may be the reason.......it was about 8pm.

Thanks again for all the comments.
    Cary J.
    Shooting with Canon 40D w/ grip, 70-200 2.8L IS, and occasionally the 28-135
    My Blog