Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011- Hopes, dreams and goals

I hope to survive in relative calm and happiness.

Would like a good macro lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    New? and how come it's taking so long?
    Yeah, new. It's going to take so long because he only makes cameras to order and there's a bit of a wait list at the moment. It's a pretty cool system because it allows for some customisation if wanted. In his last email (which he attached some photos of a gorgeous 7x17 he just finished) he said he's just about to start making an 11x14 and should have it finished by Feb, so I guess his turnaround time is a month or two per camera. I'm not even sure if camera production is his full time job or just a past time of his, but they're pretty wicked cameras and fully hand made and to order so the wait will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by christofurr View Post
    Yeah, new. It's going to take so long because he only makes cameras to order and there's a bit of a wait list at the moment. It's a pretty cool system because it allows for some customisation if wanted. In his last email (which he attached some photos of a gorgeous 7x17 he just finished) he said he's just about to start making an 11x14 and should have it finished by Feb, so I guess his turnaround time is a month or two per camera. I'm not even sure if camera production is his full time job or just a past time of his, but they're pretty wicked cameras and fully hand made and to order so the wait will be worth it.
    If you are getting Brian in Wellington to make it, he has a real job as well. The wooden cameras etc he does outside his work. I have a wet plate shot he took years ago of two of my boys. Will try and scan and post it up here.

2012 for me... up grade to the Sony A77
    Another trip to Niue Island
    Enter more photography competitions
    Get out and catchup with more photo groups during the year (NZFM of FB, flickr etc)
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

yeah, I would like to meet up with more people of the forum too, my count so far is only 3!

weka2000 Guest

Will let you know when Im comming down to coromandel Paul. Im on holiday Til Jan 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Photocol View Post
    If you are getting Brian in Wellington to make it, he has a real job as well. The wooden cameras etc he does outside his work. I have a wet plate shot he took years ago of two of my boys. Will try and scan and post it up here.
    I'd love to see a locally shot wet plate. It's a process I've wanted to get into for a while.
    I also had no idea there was anyone in New Zealand making LF cameras other than the people who make one-offs for themselves. Mine's being made in Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by weka2000 View Post
    Will let you know when Im comming down to coromandel Paul. Im on holiday Til Jan 15th
    Just watch out when he says.... 'come up and see my darkroom'.....
    Its a cool set up.
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by mesodan View Post
    For 2012:

1. Do some more travelling. Target is six new countries next year, hopefully getting to Africa too. Hopefully have enough leave left over though to make it back to NZ for Xmas
    2. Have a go at 'wildlife' photography.
    3. Gear wishlist: 5DIII, 35L II and a 2x III TC.
    4. Try and sus out a way to backup all my files since I switched to RAW this year.
    5. Improve my website and get some 'business' cards.
    Only a few hours left in 2012, but have managed to tick off most of the things on my list:

1. Managed to get to 7 new countries this year, including Africa which was definitely the highlight.
    2. Had my first go at wildlife photography in Tanzania and had a blast. Looking forward to doing some more in
    3. Got the 5D3 and gave it a good work out with all the travelling. Got the 2xIII, but unfortunately the 35LII still doesn't exist but got a 300LII instead.
    4. Have now got two networked hard drives to double backup onto. Taking a third hard-drive backup to NZ with me too in case of fire/flood/theft.
    5. Website hasn't really changed, although I've just ordered some business cards which hopefully will be ready soon.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    2012 for me;-

1. Finish building a home studio -
    2. Buy a large format camera -
    3. Get back home at some stage for a visit -
    4. Try out alternative photographic processes (wet plating etc)
    Bosh! I ticked all 4 boxed without knowing it!

Well done A job we have watched you do and have enjoyed
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Quote Originally Posted by mrfinster View Post
    Primary goal for the year is to stay in the frame for an inheritance off the mother in law when she moves on to somewhere more peaceful (for me).

Unfortunately it's not looking likely at the moment.

Secondary to that is to get divorced and spend more money on toys.
    failed on all counts

goal for 2013 is to still be alive in 2014.

2012:

1. Buy no new gear (failed miserably on this one in 2011 when switching to full frame!) - fail!
    2. Quit IT - done
    3. Maybe buy the 14-24 or 70-200 VRII (#1 already not looking promising!) - done (70-200VRII)
    4. Take more photos - done

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    OK hopes for 2012?

A move to Full frame. Mainly due to the better wide primes.

So 5D3 (or 5d2 possibly + the 7D) a 17-40L and a 24mmtse.

Probably pick up a feisol tripod and new ball head too.

Non gear? Moar pics, generally.

Well gear wise I switched to a 5d2 and 17-40 and 24tse!

Also got a new ball head , still on the manfrotto 190xprob, stillthinking of a feisol

Did take a lot of average pics...
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.