Thread: Indian wedding

Default Indian wedding

Couple shots from a wedding i was present in as a guest. CC welcome

Indian wedding are interesting to shoot..lot of things happening around the same time and the light is never right

So bright and beautiful! I love that first shot for some reason, quietly capturing an intimate moment.
    Canon EOS 7D | Canon EOS 400D x2 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | 55-250mm f/4 | Nissin Di466
    = Broke student.

You've captured the colours and the "feel" in the photos very well. I think the composition could be better though, e.g., not cropping the hands off in 2nd pic, and avoiding the leaf in the 3rd one. But I understand that because you're not the official photographer, it could have been hard to avoid those.
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.

Thanks for the comments. Not sure what happened with the second picture but apparantly there should be a knife showing cutting the cake The green branch is unavoidable because it usually sits right in the middle hiding the bride and groom in every indian wedding i have been to. The main photog tried to move it but the priest told him off

love the colours

looked like you had far better lighting conditions than the indian wedding we covered.

http://candycapco.com/2011/01/20/reu...te-wellington/

nice set. great that you managed to get some shots in daylight. This wedding was late in the afternoon so we lost the light by the time the wedding finished.
    You have been serialized!! www.iserialize.geek.nz

nah we did it the other way around.

we did the formal portraits before the ceremony.

nice...traditional indian weddings usually dont allow that. Groom basically meets the bride on the wedding day at the wedding venue with no room for any other stuff untill after marriage.
    You have been serialized!! www.iserialize.geek.nz

Indian wedding has so many functions and ceremonies related to wedding, Indian culture is totally different than other, i like Indian dressing style and ceremonies

I am Indian and I love indian wedding we have lots of functions..and they are really enjoyable.

Having shot more than a few indian weddings, I have to say, they are by far the most enjoyable to photograph. They allow a really creative instinct to shine through, and as long as you have sufficient low light capabilities, you can get such vibrant colours. Makes typical euro type weddings kinda boring and pedestrian in comparison.