Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch Quake

Exclamation Christchurch Quake

hope all of you are well

our thoughts are with you all

Yes, it looks much more violent - and reported as much closer and shallower epicentre. Hope everyone is Ok and will be thinking of you in the days to come.
    Odille

"In a world of magnets and miracles"

My Website / My Blog / My RedBubble / 2011 Calendars / My Facebook

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all in Christchurch.
    Wayne and Di
    Wayne & Di

Nikon D60 & D300s Nikkor 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 90mm & kit lenses

Been reading all the news sites and facebook. Wow.
    Thoughts are will you all down there, keep safe
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

Just looking at the grim headlines now.

My thoughts are with everyone one in Chch.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

Sentiments above reflected, if you are a Chch'er and you are OK, let us know!

weka2000 Guest

Adam and family are OK.

Wish all of you based on CHCH are fine.

Rob's alright, spoke to him earlier.

We were having a chat on IM when it happened, along the lines of "sh1t sh1t sh1t I'm outta here"

That was f*****g scary, and I'm 60 km's from where it happened.

If anyone from chch needs a hotel room for a few days, send me a PM, may be able to help

Hope you guys and girls are OK down there ,just seen the film on tv here and it looks bad
    hope you dont get too many more quakes

Quote Originally Posted by mrfinster View Post
    If anyone from chch needs a hotel room for a few days, send me a PM, may be able to help
    Same, but two double beds in Dunners, well just out.

I have heard from all my friends down there and they are all safe, thoughts go out to all the rest in Christchurch.
    I think that we are all born with a photographic memory ....... it's just that some have never had any film.

Hope all the CHC forum posters and families are ok.

Photo & Video have photos on their Facebook page. Hope this link works

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Photo-...338461&theater
    Nikon D700. Nikon 16mm, 50mm and 85mm 1.8, 105mm Macro and 24-85, 80-200

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikenz

myself and family are fine. the house is a real mess and pretty stuffed. im at my mum and dads at the moment in rangiora as they have power and water.
    pretty dam freaky tho

CWyatt Guest

Saw this haunting shot just after the shock via the twitter. Very humbling image.

Best wishes to all down there in the aftermath. Take care.

Jeepers! I bet Weta Digital couldn't do a CGI shot as scary as that!!!
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

I am pledging any profits from all my Christchurch pics on RedBubble over to the relief funds for 6 months at least. maybe others could do the same, whatever hosting/selling site you are on. I don't have much in funds but maybe I'll sell a few and be able to give something. Wish I was over there and could help more.
    Odille

"In a world of magnets and miracles"

My Website / My Blog / My RedBubble / 2011 Calendars / My Facebook

Hey guys, at mr fins today drinking his beer! Back home later still no power/water.

Hope everyone esle is ok, bluerose got out the other day on hols right?
    t?
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

yes i was in brisbane - you may remember I was in melbourne for the first one. They are never letting me leave the country again!

my house is OK, the cupboards and pantry are smashed on the floor, power is on but water off still as burst pipe round the corner. my flatmate is a HERO as he is at home dealing with this with help from my awesome neighbours. I volunteerd to fly into wellington and work out of the office from there so my team could relax and we have customers like the hospital, council, civil defence, airport etc all needing help. and I could add no value in being there and EVERYONE said to stay away.

work has been awesome and found me a place to stay and my cats are safe in the cattery still so I will be here for at least this week and see how it goes but all our buildings are right on the Square or within that block and its likely to be cordoned off for some time so I am told. we are looking at finding some other buildings to relocate to but thats not going to happen quickly

my heart goes out to all who are there at ground zero holding it together - if there is anything I can do around urgent IT supplies let me know. i have full internets at work and limited access where i am staying.
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

Good to hear you guys are ok. Any other word on other Chch guys, e.g. JED, Pete Prue, Adam etc.?

One of my friends was on the 4th floor of a building in the CBD. Luckily it held up, and they walked away with a bump on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by mesodan View Post
    Good to hear you guys are ok. Any other word on other Chch guys, e.g. JED, Pete Prue, Adam etc.?.
    I am fine thanks. Happened to be home for lunch when the quake hit so luckily missed the fun of the false ceiling in the office trying to hit me on the head.

House stood up ok (1900s cottage..). No structural damage. Everything inside the house fell over though. Shaking was much, much worse this time around.
    Nikon D600 and a bag full of prime goodness..

Hey all - my first opportunity to get internet access and the time to post. My family and I are all safe thanks. It took me a while to contact my wife and children in the aftermath, the stress and worry almost unbearable, so how those with lost loved ones are coping I have no idea. Although we have no power, water or sewerage our home is liveable, albeit with additional cracks inside and out, oh... and a distinct odor thanks to the combination of liquefaction and raw sewerage! My wife Carol and son Mitch are living out at Kaiapoi with her mum and dad, my daughter Megan is down south at Chertsy with friends, and my eldest daughter Sian has returned to her flat. There's been a mass exodus from our street but I'm staying at the house to ensure our possessions remain safe. Though there's been a couple of days that have been a real struggle the kindness, warmth and compassion that people are sharing with one another is really uplifting - and for the first time today I heard bird song!!! It's been so eerie and quiet at times it's been quite surreal. I'll post some pics later on. To the other ChCh residents here, smile whenever you can, for once you've passed it on it will return to you, maybe not today or tomorrow, but most likely just when you need it
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
    -- Albert Einstein

Pentax K-5 | DA 18-55mm WR | DA 12-24mm f4 ED AL (IF) | DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited | DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM | Sigma KAF 100-300 f4.5-6.7 UC

Good to hear everyone appears to be ok. We are fine, house is fully functional and relatively unscathed. Got a bit of survivor's guilt. Both Claire and myself have been back at work. Claire at the hospital, and me at the Civil Defence centre and behind the scenes at the council getting their recovery staff operational again.