Thread: part of Piha beach

Default part of Piha beach

Hello,
    It's first time to but something here, and I would like to get any advice about my photo.

Nikon D200, Sigma 10-20mm, PL + ND4 filters.

We were in North Island last September (across from Aus) and loved Piha Beach. The rock outcrops on the beach a made to photograph. This is a nice angle with good foreground interest. IMO Lion Rock is a bit central and there isn't much interest in the left of the photo. It also looks a bit grainy. Did you use a higher ISO? But overall a great set up and nice photo.

Wayne
    Wayne & Di

Nikon D60 & D300s Nikkor 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 90mm & kit lenses

Its looks pretty good to me, again I agree that it is quite grainy, whether that was intent or not is your choice. I don't actually think the grain detracts at all from the image. I would also consider cropping off some of the sky so that the eye is focussed on the rocks a little more.

Very cool pic. Must have been hard work pushing those three boulders into place too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannachy View Post
    I would also consider cropping off some of the sky so that the eye is focussed on the rocks a little more.
    And maybe the left too, to get the 'thirds' thing going.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

^ Ha!

Beautiful shot, I agree that the sky could be cropped. I like photos that stray from the strict digital rectangle.