Page 285 of 290 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 7229

Thread: Random Pics

Quote Originally Posted by mcgillro View Post
    I suppose I could start another thread, but I'm guessing some here will have the info I need.

I have Lightroom 6.7, standalone, and use PSE 11 for any other touching up, cloning and the like. I am not really that Photoshop literate! Did use a warm copy of CS2 years ago until had a PC meltdown.

Question is whether it's worth going over to CC for both? If I did would my standalone LR still be there, if I changed my mind, or more likely couldn't afford it when I eventually retire? Would have to get a part time job to fund it :-)

Many thanks
    I HATE CC and most modern software (and operating systems), as may be evident from my many moaning post's on the subject over the years...

Microsoft hit a peak at XP, and have slowly ruined every successive iteration of OS's since.

Also, this modern moronic idea of renting software (this ONLY works because the self obsessed children nowadays want the latest whatever, instantly) is a joke...

I use a very, very warm version of Adobe design suite premium CS3, Illustrator (which i'm not too proficient at), InDesign, which I am pretty good at, and Photoshop, which I've been using since photoshop 3...

I've never used lightroom...

I'm lucky in that I received full training in CS3 when the local Paper's design department moved from Quark to Adobe...

If you've used CS2, see if you can get another 'warm' copy of it,or maybe CS3...that'd be my pick...although, if you're using one of the godawful later operating systems, this may not be compatible (can you say planned obsolescence?)
    I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

I do not have a facebook page...

Our local flying club Cessna landing at Pukekohe

I have a camera...

My Mother has a facebook page, my Mother in law has a facebook page, my Wife has a facebook page, and both my dogs have a facebook page...

Well done as usual Stic!

Lucky lucky boy, the wife let me out again today...

First two have had text added, subtly...

Mens rights by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

New age crap by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

High flyers by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

Im just looking by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

Boarded up by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

Windows in windows by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

More urban minimalism by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr

Not the best escape by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr
    I have a camera...

Geex Stic, I'd swear that Load of bollards one has a crooked horizon.
    Nikon D750, D7100 and stuff
    www.chainsawphotos.co.nz

Yeah, that's what a POTN user said the other day...

Probably won't be going on there much any more though, as I just got banned (again) for posting a bird photo...

Well, being bemused at how many 7DII owners only shoot pictures of birds, I'd taken to starting each of my posts with No birds here...

So, the other day, while out, I found a bird laying on its back on the footpath...figured it was dead and took a photo but noticed it was still breathing, so must have flown into something and stunned itself...
    Anyway, I posted the image and wouldn't you know it, POTN has no sense of humor...
    Oh well, made a (third) new account and back on there...see how long I last this time...
    I have a camera...

I'm a bit lost. How come they banned you??

Hard to know, maybe they didn't see the funny side of the bird pic I posted (it wasn't dead, and even if it was, so what?).

I had been banned under STIC because I gave a bit if shit back to a forum member who was slaggin me off...(i got a month ban, they got nothing), when I went to log back in after a month, banned for life...go figure, some mod's got a god complex...

So, knowing me, I just created a new profile with a new email address, new flickr account and away I went for a few months and now banned for life again (no explanation either)...

Anyway, I'm back on again...

but...haven't posted yet...

TBH, I find a lot of these niche hobbyists (photographers included) can be so fragile and anal...

I mean, F**K ME, it's just life, none of us are getting out alive...chill a bit and have some fun while you're here...
    I have a camera...

This is the bird phot in question...which has, with quite a few other posts, disapeared off of POTN...

A Bird by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr
    I have a camera...

Quote Originally Posted by SticII View Post
    I HATE CC and most modern software (and operating systems), as may be evident from my many moaning post's on the subject over the years...

Microsoft hit a peak at XP, and have slowly ruined every successive iteration of OS's since.

Also, this modern moronic idea of renting software (this ONLY works because the self obsessed children nowadays want the latest whatever, instantly) is a joke...

I use a very, very warm version of Adobe design suite premium CS3, Illustrator (which i'm not too proficient at), InDesign, which I am pretty good at, and Photoshop, which I've been using since photoshop 3...

I've never used lightroom...

I'm lucky in that I received full training in CS3 when the local Paper's design department moved from Quark to Adobe...

If you've used CS2, see if you can get another 'warm' copy of it,or maybe CS3...that'd be my pick...although, if you're using one of the godawful later operating systems, this may not be compatible (can you say planned obsolescence?)
    Thanks for the reply. I agree about planned obsolescence - it's everywhere now. When I was first flatting I had an old old fridge that Dad had picked up somewhere - it wasn't pretty but it worked, and was as old as the hills. I had the same experience with a favourite car years ago, an old Austin A30 - the motor just went and went and never cost me a bean, but had to drop it when couldn't get a warrant for it because of rust somewhere. I lived in Wellington at the time, so couldn't really get away with an unwarranted car. Nowadays it seems as though $400 every time you look at taking the car to the garage.

Back to software ... I have a Windows machine running 10.1 using a "classic" shell, and I like it fine. I put Win 8 when I first bought it, and then ran the free updates .... seems as though M$ following some Linux distros. I also run a Linux laptop, but since getting the DSLR a few years back went back to Windows because the software was easier for me to use, although you can do anything you want in GIMP and other Open source software.

In the end I bit the bullet and went the hiring way .... I've kept my Lightroom install in case I want to revert to it in the future, if hard times should befall me. I was actually given a warm copy of PSC6 (whatever was their latest) but when I put the stick in to install, up popped my Adobe ID, as I have one of these with my legit Lightroom! I chickened out on the install. If i had a machine that was never on line I'd probably install, but seeing I am not in that position ....

I'm fighting a slowly loosing battle with operating systems and software...

I thought I was going to have to return the 7DII because I couldn't use it on my PC with XP...

I was lucky that the wife had an old laptop that I could f/disk and load a copy of Windows 7 onto which was new enough to let me use to interface with the 7DII. Even then, though, every time I turn the laptop on, it comes up with a big warning that the operating system is not genuine (and I know it is, I brought it from microsoft)...

I run DNG converter to convert the raw's to DNG's and load the DNG's back to the XP machine and open them in Photoshop CS3...

Works for me, and if I ever get round to getting a FF, i'll probably buy a 5DIII which should work with XP (god knows what OS i'd need to use a 5DIV?)

Maybe I should just go back to film...
    I have a camera...

Quote Originally Posted by SticII View Post
    This is the bird phot in question...which has, with quite a few other posts, disapeared off of POTN...

A Bird by Speedscene Photography, on Flickr
    I went over to the 7DII thread and had a look .... couldn't see what the problem was. Especially as just above was a photo of a raptor pulling apart some tiny defenseless being! I found that very offensive ... so no logic there!

I don't think they like people showing too much individuality or having their own opinions on there, it is, after all, mostly american...

Oh welll, i'm back on with a new uer name, see how that goes...
    I have a camera...

Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

He is an ex sparrow, he is no more, bereft of life...etc...etc...
    I have a camera...

Adapter arrived to use Canon lenses on the new M5 .... thankfully reviews are true- clarity etc is great with the adapter, and validates my outrageous outlay! Tamron 90 f/2.8 non vc

Just snaps today after work.

IMG_0113 Haumoana swell and surf by Rose McGillicuddy, on Flickr

IMG_0110 haumoana swell and surf by Rose McGillicuddy, on Flickr

More Canon M5 this time Tokina 11- 16 f/2.8

Heavy crop
    IMG_0102 Duffy waits by Rose McGillicuddy, on Flickr

IMG_0091 Haumoana surf on the groyne by Rose McGillicuddy, on Flickr

Couple of chance finds today...

47 Pickup by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr

1969 Plymouth by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr
    I have a camera...

More trolley...

Lost trolley by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr
    I have a camera...

Greetings all, been busy with various things. Going to have to trawl back thru here on some rainy days, those car shots are even better Stic.

A few randoms....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Canon 17-40L, 70-200L, Canon 580EXII, Samyang 35mm, F1.4 Fuji X100S, Fuji XT-1 and 18-135mm, ISKRA Medium format rangefinder

https://www.facebook.com/RaymondPerrettPhotography

http://raymondperrett.com/

pic uploader not cooperating... try again..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Canon 17-40L, 70-200L, Canon 580EXII, Samyang 35mm, F1.4 Fuji X100S, Fuji XT-1 and 18-135mm, ISKRA Medium format rangefinder

https://www.facebook.com/RaymondPerrettPhotography

http://raymondperrett.com/

Anyone fancy a coffee?

Coffee by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr
    I have a camera...

Great to see you back Raymond. Looks like you need to mow your lawn?

Jesus, isn't the internet slow in NZ!

Just uploaded a couple of images to flickr...took 6 minutes to upload 3 images (28.2Mb)...that's 0.0783mbps...

Did an online speed test (what a load of bollocks) claimed I was getting 6.54mbps (which would have seen my images load in under 5 seconds)...

And, not only do I have fibre, I am also on the top speed fibre from telecom (or should that be TeleCon?).

Anyway, now they've finally uploaded...

Rainy day ride by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr

Rainy day cafe by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr

Upturned umbrella by Flickr Sucks, on Flickr
    I have a camera...