Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A message to newbies and lurkers

thanks very much..

i have a few pics that i took with my old sony alpha a200 that i had till some rude prick stole in a year or so ago and am only just getting round to replacing it in the next few weeks before i start my digital photography course.

I cant wait to get my new camera (Sony A37k) and get back to doing what I love. Already have a few photo shoots lined up with a friend and her daughter

Are you doing the course at Aoraki Polytechnic?
    Canon 6D Gripped | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L ii | Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG OS HSM | Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM | Gitzo Basalt Explorer 3 | Canon Speedlite 600EX's ST-E3-RT| Lightroom 5 |

Well thats the hope.. Going in to drop my enrolment form off today lol

Hi all

I have been following this forum since I got my first dslr camera two years ago but have only just recently been able to join.
    I have been taking photos for many years some good, lots not so good.
    I donít have any preference to any type of photography (yet) I just like to take photographs. I do like to experiment to get different effects
    Some of the photos I see here are exceptional & inspire me to try & improve.

Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_A View Post
    Hi all

I have been following this forum since I got my first dslr camera two years ago but have only just recently been able to join.
    I don’t have any preference to any type of photography (yet) I just like to take photographs. I do like to experiment to get different effects

Brian.
    Welcome
    You will find a wealth or experience and personality amongst the members here. There is a hard core of contributors and then those whom drop in now and then.

Dont be afraid to post images in the appropriate forums, almost all feedback is valuable and constructive and you just ignore the rest.
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_A View Post
    Hi all

I donít have any preference to any type of photography (yet) I just like to take photographs. I do like to experiment to get different effects

Brian.
    Hey Brian. If you want to head out on the streets for some walk and shoot, let me know. I'm always keen to meet photo-peeps

You might want to consider some one on one tuition too. Lots to choose from in Auckland- and i'm biased- as i offer this service

http://www.outdoorphotography.co.nz/...-photographer/
    _
    Workshops for the budding photographer / www.photoworkshops.co.nz
    Commercial photography / www.paulpetch.co.nz

Thanks for the Welcome.
    It is nice to see so many professional photographers willing to help us amature photographers.

Greetings from a Kiwi in Melbourne.

Just found this forum, so thought I'd join in. I've been interested in photography since I was a kid, but buying my first DSLR a few years back really rekindled my enthusiasm.

I'm coming over to do a week's photo tour around the lower South Island in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll get some shots to match up with some on here. Really looking forward to it, as most trips back to NZ are mainly catching up with family and friends.

Cheers,
    Alan.

Hey, welcome Alan!

Have a great tour round s island too!
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

Hey all!

Been lurking around in the forums and thought I'd say hi!

Majority of my shots are cars and sports but also take random interesting subjects.

Name:  8404074853_777d828060_n.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  8500470824_b278a55530.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  8503269510_bba3a84389.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  144.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by tirabytes; 11-03-2013 at 09:14 AM.

copasetic Guest

Hi everyone

Been advised by arthurh to introduce myself. I live in Gisborne. I attempt to take street photos mostly badly but Practice makes perfect and in 50 years time somebody might look at my early work and discover some merit in it, but until then I'll keep perservering. My problem is that I am attracted to the mundane, boring and average rather than the exciting, glamorous and unusual so I struggle to make my photos remotely interesting to anyone but myself and a handful of other people who follow my blog(who mostly seem to be in the USA for some reason). Nonetheless I resolve to be a regular poster here as long as people aren't too harsh with me, and hopefully with the help and guidance of people with far more knowledge and experience (and better gear) than me I may improve.

Welcome along. With regard to the "too harsh" thing. remember the written word can often be taken in a totally different way to the way in which was meant.

Greeting everyone from this n00b.

Chris is the name and Christchurch is where I live. Photography is just a very expensive hobby for me and I'm still wading through the shallows looking at the big waves and can't quite decide how far I want to swim out. For me I'm endeavouring to improve on my landscape photography skills so that is where I am concentrating all of my action at present.

While I haven't looked through the member list yet I have had the pleasure of meeting Rob (RJD) on one of his tutorials at Taylors Mistake and I have also had the pleasure of meeting Adam Gow, but not through his photography (great photography Adam). Anyway, I look forward to contributing where I can but regretfully, I'm here to take away a lot more than I'll give

Merry Christmas all.

Chris McKay

Welcome Chris, you should find this place a nice friendly informative forum, if not let me know and I'll kick some ass. :-)

I think Adam has wandered off for a bit, the landlord here has some issues to work through!
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

Welcome Chris, you should find this place a nice friendly informative forum, if not let me know and I'll kick some ass. :-)

I think Adam has wandered off for a bit, the landlord here has some issues to work through!

Hi Chris, welcome, please excuse Rob's double posts, he likes to make sure he is heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Hi Chris, welcome, please excuse Rob's double posts, he likes to make sure he is heard.
    Thanks all for the welcome and as for Rob, that's not double posting, that's his stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    hi chris, welcome, please excuse rob's double posts, he likes to make sure he is heard.
    lol
    Canon 5DmkII Canon 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200L, Canon 580EXII, JINBEI Studio strobes, Samyang 35mm, F1.4 Fuji X100S, ISKRA Medium format rangefinder

https://www.facebook.com/RaymondPerrettPhotography

http://raymondperrett.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    lol
    Hey I just tried it with two browser tabs and it doesn't let me do it, says duplicate post within last five mins...
    Canon 5DmkII Canon 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200L, Canon 580EXII, JINBEI Studio strobes, Samyang 35mm, F1.4 Fuji X100S, ISKRA Medium format rangefinder

https://www.facebook.com/RaymondPerrettPhotography

http://raymondperrett.com/

Sometimes it does it , sometimes it doesnt. When it happens I get an error and a posting message. Who knows? This forum software is pretty junk anyhow,

I wonder if it's because you are a moderator and maybe you can post in quick succession, I often get the warning that I can't post twice within 30 sec and I know then that I have already posted. Maybe the post reply has a double click or something.

I think I still get that message.

test

hmm obviously not!