Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to newbies and lurkers

Default A message to newbies and lurkers

Please feel free to join in any time you want

The more people who get involved, no matter how good a photographer you are, the better the site will be.

We're a friendly bunch (except Adam ) so please jump right in, you never know you may enjoy it

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by North of Auckland View Post
    We're a friendly bunch so please jump right in, you never know you may enjoy it"

Jack
    Speak for yourself...I'm a tired, miserable, grumpy, sarcastic, SOAB
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Well.. you do have a Canon..... Ducking......
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

Adam is experiencing Fatherhood again, and worse has his only camera body up for sale without knowing what to buy next...
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Adam is experiencing Fatherhood again, and worse has his only camera body up for sale without knowing what to buy next...
    I am expecting greatness from the camera on my iphone...
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Which I think has overtaken the 350D as the most used on flickr or some such thing....
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

BTW, RJD isn't really a pirate.

Aaaaarrrrrrrrr.

Please feel free to join in any time you want

The more people who get involved, no matter how good a photographer you are, the better the site will be.

We're a friendly bunch (except Adam ) so please jump right in, you never know you may enjoy it

Jack
    Gidday Jack and to everone else! I must be a real "noob" here -- I had to re-accept the terms and conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by dgcorner View Post
    I had to re-accept the terms and conditions!
    Me too and I help run the site

weka2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dgcorner View Post
    Gidday Jack and to everone else! I must be a real "noob" here -- I had to re-accept the terms and conditions!
    What there are conditions ......... oh thats right must be nice to administrators

Quote Originally Posted by weka2000 View Post
    What there are conditions ......... oh thats right must be nice to administrators
    Damn! I was hoping to just be myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
    Damn! I was hoping to just be myself.
    Don't worry, Weka doesn't practice what he types

Welcome to the site mate, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by weka2000 View Post
    Hey Tony! Yes, we need to be nice to the mods... otherwise they give you titles like "Senior Member"

Hi

I'm Kim, I joined today after being rousted from D-Photo's forums which are closing. Admittedly it wasn't working for me there and I wasn't posting. A few weeks ago I found another forum (ILP), and I have learned more in those few weeks than I have ever.

I am looking forward though to having a more friendly and "local" forum for discussions, and look forward to learning from all you experts! (Or senior members ).
    Last edited by ShutterNut; 24-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    Kim
    Canon EOS 5DMkII | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 70-200 f/2.8L | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580EXII | Some backup gear
    Calibrated |
    http://kimhowellsphotography.co.nz
    Facebook Page

weka2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterNut View Post
    Hi

I'm Kim, I joined today after being rousted from D-Photo's forums which are closing. Admittedly it wasn't working for me there and I wasn't posting. A few weeks ago I found another forum (ILP), and I have learned more in those few weeks than I have ever.

I am looking forward though to having a more friendly and "local" forum for discussions, and look forward to learning from all you experts! (Or senior members ).
    Cool were all off to your place for a rural model shoot ..... got to love those ultra wide angle shots of the cows trying to lick the lens

Hello all, I am happy to have found this place. When I last looked for a NZ forum there weren't any that were actually being used as far as I could tell. I have a Nikon D200 but today found a scratch on the sensor (am really concerned as to how it could possibly have got there) maybe time to look at that D700...
    Bob
    Nikon User and abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Coolio View Post
    I have a Nikon D200 but today found a scratch on the sensor (am really concerned as to how it could possibly have got there) maybe time to look at that D700...
    Oh, that's a bugger

But I like your thinking, there's a new beast out there and it's got your name on it, go for it

Oh, that's a bugger

But I like your thinking, there's a new beast out there and it's got your name on it, go for it

Time to look for that deal!!
    Bob
    Nikon User and abuser

Time to look for that deal!!
    Have a word with Bartman88, see what he can do for you

Have a word with Bartman88, see what he can do for you
    Thanks, I see trade-me is down at present so have flicked him an email.
    Bob
    Nikon User and abuser

Thanks, I see trade-me is down at present so have flicked him an email.
    Yeah been down for a while tonight

He sorted Photocol out with a nice setup a couple weeks back, and Desmond get's his gear from him too I believe.

Yeah been down for a while tonight

He sorted Photocol out with a nice setup a couple weeks back, and Desmond get's his gear from him too I believe.

That's good to know. Wouldn't like to get burned with that much cash going out.
    Bob
    Nikon User and abuser

Bartman is the one for a deal. Go direct instead of through TM.
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

We have a CAB training session on Trademe next week. The trainer is flying all the way from Invercargil especially, and she is excellent, so I'm looking forward to that. I can't say that we get that many enquiries about Trademe, but it is good to know your law when dealing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Photocol View Post
    Bartman is the one for a deal. Go direct instead of through TM.
    Can you find us a link please Colin? I usually use John Thompson for bits and bobs, but I'd love to take a look at Bartman's site.