Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to newbies and lurkers

Trevor, I found what I wanted on Bartmanns TM page
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...366&mcat=0124-

Then contact him via Hellophoto Private message to get a price. I have used John as well for some of the smaller things.
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

I suggest just emailing him directly. He responds quickly and prices are a wee bit better than going through TM.
    Bob
    Nikon User and abuser

Would you use bartman for a camera body? (D700)

Email his and get a price. He is very helpful
    “If you find yourself saying I’ll fix it in Photoshop, stop and slap yourself in the face, because you’re being lazy”

---------------
    http://www.ctphotography.co.nz
    Camera's include Nikon D7000 plus a 1897 Lancaster Instantograph which still works and a Leica miniature (Minox) digital camera.

Bartman is a great help. He has been helping me with my first camera purchase and is consistantly happy to answer my MANY questions!!!!

Default hello

Hello guys and gals im Hayden i have been taking pictures all my life, perhaps i should have been a pro photographer but in the past i have created a business out of a passion and i have killed the passion, so i will not, i choose to photograph for my own business and that of my children and the rest is for the passion of art only.
    I have tried all sorts and been down the SLR road, i still choose to shoot a nikon SLR for business and sport, but my passion and my best work comes from my little range finders both film and digital that emit a life of their own. so hello guys, this looks like a nice forum and i hope i can be an active part of it and make some nice friends, I live on the North Shore in Auckland
    hayden

Welcome to the site mate, I'm sure you'll fit right in

Feel free to show off your art in whatever forum suites, if we've missed one yell and we'll endeavour to create one for you

Hey everyone,

Been lurking around here for a while now but thought it was about time I finally joined in.
    I'm Paul and have been interested in photography for at least a few years now. Currently own a little Canon G9 but am looking to upgrade in the next wee while (when the funds allow!!). Live on the North Shore in Auckland.

Looks like a nice wee forum this one

hello to you both - glad to see membership is expanding
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Quote Originally Posted by PDG View Post
    Hey everyone,

Been lurking around here for a while now but thought it was about time I finally joined in.
    I'm Paul and have been interested in photography for at least a few years now. Currently own a little Canon G9 but am looking to upgrade in the next wee while (when the funds allow!!). Live on the North Shore in Auckland.

Looks like a nice wee forum this one
    Welcome to the site mate, I'm sure you'll fit in here nicely

Hi and welcome. Hayden & Paul. This place is great to be a part of, no matter what your level of expertise or lack of it. The participating members are all happy to share their deepest (and sometimes darkest) secrets.
    Nikon D80, Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, Nikon 35mm f/1.8G, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 older screw-type, Nikon 70-300VR f/4.5-5.6G. Various filters and grads, elderly Velbon tripod (finger biter).

F l i c k r

(I give up trying to get a nice, simple "Flickr" here. )

Allow me

Dah-lingk!! *mwah*

Hi Guys.

I picked up the latest D-Photo and read about the forum. Good to see a local forum.
    I am doing some photography for work but I am not working as a photographer if that makes sense. That way I still enjoy photography as a hobby. Having a teenage son gives me a lot of photo opportunity's when it comes to sport but I enjoy shooting all sorts of scenes.

I recognise one other member. Hi Russ. The camera is still performing perfect.

Eddie

Hi Eddie welcome to the site mate.

Still trying to get my head around this concept of work

Quote Originally Posted by North of Auckland View Post

You're not the only one.
    Rob
    Photography is an immediate action; drawing a meditation For me photography is to place head heart and eye along the same line of sight. It is a way of life. - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thank you.

The only way with work is to do something that you enjoy enough so much that your brain don't recognise it as work. I am still working on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by edjo View Post
    The only way with work is to do something that you enjoy enough so much that your brain don't recognise it as work. I am still working on that one.
    I hear ya

I'm half way through a real estate sales persons course at the moment and start work in a couple of weeks

Hello!

Just thought I'd introduce myself after lurking around for a few weeks. My name is Clarence and am based in Wellington. I have recently upgraded to a digital SLR after having owned a film SLR (anyone want to buy an EOS50?) and a couple of digital compacts for a few years.

I have a Canon d500 attached to an EFS 17-55mm F2.8 and am still learning heaps, especially the post-processing and workflow stuff - RAW, histograms, mask layers, etc. and other whatnots .

Been learning from this forum and enjoying the banter!

Cheers,
    Clarence

Quote Originally Posted by sooshee View Post
    the banter!
    Yeah, we've been trying to put a stop to that for some time, with little success

Welcome to the site and if you stuck all you need to do is yell

Hi Guys & Gals
    I just joined yesterday and have spent about 3hrs checking out the site. I find it's very active, which has drawn me here. I'll sort out my profile laterz. I just wanted to pop on board first and introduce myself. I'm already "senior" (60) and have a flair for art & design. I'm a self taught artist. The last time I sat in a class room was about 44 years ago. I have done quite a bit of painting (abstract) and taught myself to use an SLR film camera years ago while I was in the army in Ashburton (Armoured LAD Squadron) In the past 15 years all I've used is a digital handycam and a Sony cyber shot. But these didn't satisfy my needs as an artist and I wanted something that would get me out doors (with the wife as well) and maybe also broaden my circles of freinds. Painting in the garage by myself doesn't give me those advantages. After much deliberation and research into cameras it was down to either a Canon 500D or a Nikon D5000. So 2 weeks before Xmas, I went out and bought myself a Xmas present... A new Nikon D5000 with twin lense pack 18-55mm & 55-200mm. a spare battery and a back pack... I got the Canon back pack, I found it more sturdy and it had heaps of little pockets (wifey took the "C" label off it) I've bought a book and spent hours & hours learning how my camera works, which has been very enjoyable and I'm slowly getting there... have heaps to learn and many (probably stupid) questions to ask.

I've really enjoyed reading the site so far and I expect you'll here alot more from me. I'm also a sponsor & moderator on a NZ BMW car club forum.
    I'm self employed and own Botany Motor Works Ltd in Botany South. I have a small life style block out in Hunua surrounded by native bush. Would be a great meeting place for those that may be interested in a bush setting photo meet at some stage (coffee, beers and a BBQ ?)

Shyte!!! ... this is turning out to be a book
    Anyway... A big "HELLO" to everyone
    Cheers
    Glenn

Welcome Glenn, I had to get a drink half way through that

We might just take you up on that offer of a meet up mate, in fact I'm damn sure we will. Nice one!

No such thing as a stupid question, though I do push it at times

weka2000 Guest

No such thing as a stupid question, though I do push it at times
    Some of the answers on the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by weka2000 View Post
    Some of the answers on the other hand
    True

Hi Glen and welcome. Pretty good bunch here.
    Looking forwards to more of your stuff.
    Nikon D80, Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, Nikon 35mm f/1.8G, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 older screw-type, Nikon 70-300VR f/4.5-5.6G. Various filters and grads, elderly Velbon tripod (finger biter).

F l i c k r

(I give up trying to get a nice, simple "Flickr" here. )

Allow me

Dah-lingk!! *mwah*

Oh, boy, well here goes Christchurch's biggest procrastinator jumping into the forum and screaming "im here"!

Sooooooo...... Hello....... I'm Congal aka Trace, and I am normally the one sitting back saying nothing and just browsing my life away goo-ing and ahhhhh-ing over images other people post.....

Photography has always just been my "escape" from work, relationships etc, I like the way the world can look through a lens...... i think you learn more about your surroundings this way.... well I have found i have anyway..... so I have never been big on sharing my images.... they have always been my "little reward and feel good thing" the joy of capturing something "you really like" regardless of what anyone else may think or see within your capture....

So I have taken the first "brave step here" and started an album and now even posted on a forum.... woooo hooo Bourban IS GOOD!

Hoping to find some of my earlier stuff on another pc to post up as well.....

I have owned a Nikon, a couple of Fuji's and more recently a couple of Canons, Now becomming friends with a Canon 50D and have just purchased my first L lens! A Canon EF 300mm 1:4 IS USM :-) I also have a Canon 70-210mm F4 Macro and the "came with the camera EFS 17-85mm.... all in all a very happy button pusher..... I know NOTHING about photography other than it a bloody good and expensive hobby....... and play by my own rules lol!
    Chewing Through The Restraints.

F L I C K R

Canon 50D
    Canon EF 70-210mm 1:4 / Canon Macro EF 100mm 1:2.8 / Canon EFS 17-85mm / Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L / Canon 70 - 200mm L F2.8 IS / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 / Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 ll/ Canon EF 1.4x Extender

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have some fun on here
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III