Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to newbies and lurkers

I must pop in here more often....

Have fun Trace, it's a good place here.

hey all,

Is it a noob thing on this site that my posts must cure for 12 hours before being put up? Or am I just special and the moderators want to read my posts first?

Take it easy

By the way, great stuff on the interview on Cheryl Diaz Meyer,
    made my day!

Default Finally..

Hi All, I have finally had a chance to get off my behind and start posting to this forum, great site and look forward to being a more active member. I have dumped my first album here
    http://www.hellophoto.co.nz/album.php?albumid=171
    Feel free to critique my shots and I posted these to start due to them being more my style than some of my other flickr stuff.
    Cheers All and look forward to seeing eveyones work.
    Mark
    Last edited by maloephoto; 22-02-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Hey Mark welcome to the site. Best get your post count up mate

Cheers Jack, yeah now Ive stopped flickr for a while I have a spare 4 hours a day, phew - can even see the kids now :-). Yep will get stuck in I hope.

Yes, welcome Mark. Now you will be down to 0.5 hours free time again

Flickr

thanks Chris, yeah I was just thinking that but I never learn!!!

Default greetings ppl

Okay I've been lurking around for quite some time now, and finally I figured it's best if I simply show up as a newbie, no matter how lousy my current photo-work is. So I look fwrd to chatting. I'll try to put up something like my own gallery and I'd beg you to throw criticism ahead
    Greets now, Aeon.

Welcome Aeon. I'm sure folks will be happy critique your work for you

See ya around

Talking

Hey there, everybody. I'm not exactly a photography newb, but I've poked around here before registering and really enjoyed what I saw of the community, so I consider myself a newb here! Some of you guys have some absolutely mindblowing albums.

I'm tossing a few things up on my album (which you can see here!) and hope to stick around a while. Photography isn't something I've got a lot of spare money to spend on, but I try to keep that from curtailing my enjoyment of it.

Hi, and welcome. Glad you enjoy the banter. By the looks of your photos, you will fit right in

Adam
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Quote Originally Posted by Atlacoya View Post
    Hey there, everybody. I'm not exactly a photography newb, but I've poked around here before registering and really enjoyed what I saw of the community, so I consider myself a newb here! Some of you guys have some absolutely mindblowing albums.

I'm tossing a few things up on my album (which you can see here!) and hope to stick around a while. Photography isn't something I've got a lot of spare money to spend on, but I try to keep that from curtailing my enjoyment of it.
    Welcome to the site. You'll fit right in I'm sure. Just checked out your album, some cracker in there and the view from your driveway is something else!

Some great pics there, welcome to the site!
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of photography in general. It is highly addictive so just enjoy... and by the way, the the money side will eventually not be too much of a barrier. WE all find a way in the end.
    Rob
    Photography is an immediate action; drawing a meditation For me photography is to place head heart and eye along the same line of sight. It is a way of life. - Henri Cartier-Bresson

From my short time lurking I've noticed this seems to be the thread to say hi in, so hi lol
    I'm Shiloh and I'm from Gisborne
    Canon EOS 1000D I EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS I EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 I 50mm f/1.8 "Nifty Fifty" I Canon SX10is

Welcome to the mayhem

Welcome committee seems to be working

Quote Originally Posted by Raizer View Post
    From my short time lurking I've noticed this seems to be the thread to say hi in, so hi lol
    I'm Shiloh and I'm from Gisborne
    Welcome. You look familiar somehow...
    Nikon D750, D7100 and stuff
    www.chainsawphotos.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Welcome. You look familiar somehow...
    yeah, like the boy who untied my pigtails in the back of class

looks like you get the first sunrise shots if you're into that sort of photography

Talking Allow Myself to Introduce Myyyyyysseeeelfff..

I have been a member for several months, lurking and braving the odd question, having caught the camera bug properly after many years tinkering with higher end point and shoots, which started with a Brownie Box my mum gave me ( 8 shots from a Kodak 620?) I have not been brave enough to post anything properly yet, but getting there ( I have started sending a few to FLICKR). I have just found this thread and decided I should formally say HI. Certainly very much a beginner but from spending time here and listening to endless photography podcasts in the car on the way to work, it's great to return to shots I initially thought were duds and look at them in a different way ( probably with more disdain than my original glance )

I hail from Whakatane (Big Robot Bill country?) and spend a reasonable amount of time back there each year as it's a great place for the kids, although Pukekohe is home now.

Anyway, thanks in advance for assiting with the annoying questions and your thoughts on any shots I post when I pluck up the courage...)

Darryn

Quote Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
    Anyway, thanks in advance for assiting with the annoying questions...........
    Trust me you'll be nowhere near as bad as Wirehunt

I heard that!

Quote Originally Posted by wirehunt View Post
    I heard that!
    I was relying on it

I think I'm going to like it here!
    Canon EOS 1000D I EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS I EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 I 50mm f/1.8 "Nifty Fifty" I Canon SX10is

Just ignore that NoA, thinks he owns the place