Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,401 to 1,406 of 1406

Thread: Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Just wait till we have a few more electric cars/hybrids, I'm sure they will be a joy to fix faults on...
    A proper fully electric car 'fly by wire' should be easy - it should be able to tell you where the problem is.. An electric car should have considerably fewer parts.
    Nikon D600 and a bag full of prime goodness..

Mine was main battery cable chaffed after mechanics routed them wrong, luckily it failed at low speed in a storm up sh27.
    Just wait till we have a few more electric cars/hybrids, I'm sure they will be a joy to fix faults on...
    The perils of mixing water & electricity. The guy's video has gone from 50k to 800k+ views in the last 24 hours so hopefully Porsche cave in soon.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by JED View Post
    A proper fully electric car 'fly by wire' should be easy - it should be able to tell you where the problem is.. An electric car should have considerably fewer parts.
    In theory yes but with an intermitant fault in a wiring loom with many branches it can affect multiple systems at once.
    The Scania diagnostic computer generates multiple fault codes from several components when only one is broken. Gives mechanics a good start point but dont think electric cars will have it easier.
    There will still be an array of associated sensors and systems, prob wifi and software based that will break from time to time.
    Just look at modern PC repair, not a simple exercise
    Canon 5DmkII Canon 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200L, Canon 580EXII, JINBEI Studio strobes, Samyang 35mm, F1.4 Fuji X100S, ISKRA Medium format rangefinder

https://www.facebook.com/RaymondPerrettPhotography

http://raymondperrett.com/

A russian 500px type site, some good stuff there from these Ruskies
    http://35photo.ru/
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

In theory yes but with an intermitant fault in a wiring loom with many branches it can affect multiple systems at once.
    The Scania diagnostic computer generates multiple fault codes from several components when only one is broken. Gives mechanics a good start point but dont think electric cars will have it easier.
    There will still be an array of associated sensors and systems, prob wifi and software based that will break from time to time.
    Just look at modern PC repair, not a simple exercise

Lets hope that the management systems of future electric vehicles are designed properly to record such things as intermittent loss of connectivity. Its actually not very difficult if the designers start from a clean slate rather than adapting existing systems.
    Nikon D600 and a bag full of prime goodness..

Quote Originally Posted by JED View Post
    Lets hope that the management systems of future electric vehicles are designed properly to record such things as intermittent loss of connectivity. Its actually not very difficult if the designers start from a clean slate rather than adapting existing systems.
    I guess no more 'tinkering under the hood' too.

An update on the lemon Carrera, Porsche finally caved!

Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II