Thread: Pole Dancer shoot

Default Pole Dancer shoot

Hey all,

One of the girls at yoga is a mad keen pole dancer and her and some of the other dancers are wanting to do a photo shoot. Now before your minds run away with you these girls are not strip club dancers but SPORT pole dancers. Pole has become a sport / dance form quite apart from the sleazy strip club senario. Of course the girls are in great shape and dedicate a lot of time to both their outfits and makeup. I don't have any experience with lights / flash photography so I'd be taking a back seat on it and just soak up the knowledge that hopefully some of you might bring along. The venue and date is yet to be decided upon.

Anybody interested?

Oh, it'll be in ChCh somewhere
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
    -- Albert Einstein

Pentax K-5 | DA 18-55mm WR | DA 12-24mm f4 ED AL (IF) | DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited | DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM | Sigma KAF 100-300 f4.5-6.7 UC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Prue View Post
    Hey all,

One of the girls at yoga is a mad keen pole dancer and her and some of the other dancers are wanting to do a photo shoot. Now before your minds run away with you these girls are not strip club dancers but SPORT pole dancers. Pole has become a sport / dance form quite apart from the sleazy strip club senario. Of course the girls are in great shape and dedicate a lot of time to both their outfits and makeup. I don't have any experience with lights / flash photography so I'd be taking a back seat on it and just soak up the knowledge that hopefully some of you might bring along. The venue and date is yet to be decided upon.

Anybody interested?

Oh, it'll be in ChCh somewhere
    For some reason I immediately thought of a rim light - flash from behind to create a bright line around them and softly lit from the front/side .
    Shooting with Nikon D40 , D50 , 2 X D90 , 2X SB800 2 X SB24 1 X SB400 . Tarmon 17-50 F2.8 , Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Nikon 35mm F1.8 50mm F1.8 , 85mm F1.8 , 18-200VR , 18-105 VR , 70-200VR , Fuji F31fd .
    http://desmond-downs.blogspot.co.nz/...-depth-of.html

Adrian from D-Photo has expressed interest in doing a feature on the website (and perhaps in the mag) of the behind the scenes of the shoot if it goes ahead.

Rob you have experience with lights (and the lights) don't you?

I just wanna watch and learn. To take photo's that is - not pole dance
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
    -- Albert Einstein

Pentax K-5 | DA 18-55mm WR | DA 12-24mm f4 ED AL (IF) | DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited | DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM | Sigma KAF 100-300 f4.5-6.7 UC

If its like the little work shop that was organised earlier this year i could be keen to come along and try to learn something.
    Canon 550D, 18-55mm kit, Sigma 17-70mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Samyang 8mm 3.5 YN467's, RF602tx's

Adrian from D-Photo has expressed interest in doing a feature on the website (and perhaps in the mag) of the behind the scenes of the shoot if it goes ahead.

Ah just noticed this! Uh no I have a couple of speedlights and triggers, nothing else (stands, diffusers etc), and not much experience so I wouldnt be the best one to lead fro the front!
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

I would be keen to have a go and certainly watch and learn - maybe post on the CHCH cluster flickr group as there are some more experienced studio shooters there - Paul Willyams springs to mind, and Allyeska who does the Burlesque and pinup stuff
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

Pics or it didn't happen!

(couldn't resist, sorry)

I just wanna watch and learn. To take photo's that is - not pole dance
    You guys are certainly managing well down there to have lots of interesting things going on down there while still getting the city back together. Would like to be there but not going to happen at moment. Was interesting to see the ones on news recently, the ladies were 'scantily clad' whilst the blokes that were doing it were fully clothed, mind you the same could be said about 'modern' ball room dancing outfits

weka2000 Guest

I had a rule with model photography ...... never ask a model to do anything you wouldnt do yourself.

I know the woman who brings the X-Pole into NZ (went to school with her in the UK) - if you still want to organise this kind of thing, she might be able to help. Contact Lisa @ http://www.x-pole.co.nz/
    Darren

Default Shoot this weekend

We (www.pretty-pictures.co.nz) are doing a large pole shoot this sunday in Wellington. I'm not sure how much behind the scenes stuff I can get as it's for private clients but would be happy to share the results with you

--
    Brett Stanley Photography
    http://www.brettstanleyphoto.com | http://blog.brettstanleyphoto.com | http://www.facebook.com/brettstanleyphotography

Fun shots on your site mrstanley! Looks like you are busy!