Thread: Maori Lakes with my new lenses

Default Maori Lakes with my new lenses

Took this one with the Olympus 45mm 1.8 - really liking this little lens, sweet for landscapes. Just picked up a 7.5mm fisheye as well, had a bit of fun experimenting with it, but didn't get any keepers, definitely has some potential though.

Is that one of those smoke packet sized camera's fin?

Yeh, olympus micro four thirds - sold all my canon gear, and bought a whole new system

Really like it. I was fishing yesterday, just chucked the camera and a couple of lenses in my vest, got some nice shots off.

I got the cheapest one, but will probably upgrade the body at some point.

Had a play with a Panasonic GF-1 yesterday. AF is surprisingly good. Alot more user friendly than the AF in live view on my Canon. You get a bit of a surprise when holding a camera close in size to a P&S but hear/feel the click of the manual shutter when you take a photo.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

I really like the look of the EP-3 - has a touch screen that you can just use to select focus point and shoot, and really fast AF. However, it's still got the older sensor in it, which is the same as mine, if Olympus update it with the sensor that's in the G3, then I'll be all over one.

There's a good review of it on Digitalrev.com

I had a look at the EP 3 and really liked it. But as far as I know, apart from the size advantage (smaller), it's much the same as my current Olympus e-620.
    Oh, and it takes video, which the e-620 doesn't (I suppose that's useful, depending on how some might see it).
    My brother in law, who has lugged around a whopping great Canon and everything up 'till now has just bought a Sony NEX something or other, much easier to take around, and he says it takes pretty good photos.