Thread: 3rd Wedding

Default 3rd Wedding

I had the pleasure recently of photographing Stacey and Roberts wedding in Masterton. This was my third ever wedding and the learning curve was still as steep as it was for the first two!
    Name:  IMG_5128v1SFwmSM.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  72.3 KBName:  IMG_5781v2wmsm.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  83.0 KBName:  IMG_5921focalwmSM.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  130.7 KBName:  IMG_5969cropv2wm.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  60.0 KB

Nice shots!

but:
    groom's hand needs to be in contact with wife when kissing though, it's s'posed to be a romantic moment they just can't resist, not a chore. Best to have the bride's face showing if poss. Him smelling the perfume on her wrist or neck makes a nice shot, usually get a laugh or two as well. Heads touching with both sets of eyes closed works, specially when you tell them to think naughty...

Cool, thanks for the pointers. It's still very new to me. I usually don't pose them and just let them find their own natural positions, but I can see where you are coming from.

I like #3. Might look abit better with a tigher crop maybe(?). Not sure about the selective colour though.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

I like #2, but I wish his other hand was touching her rather than just hanging there. #3 would work if you got rid of the selective colour? Did you have any more ones like that but at a lower angle?
    Canon EOS 7D | Canon EOS 400D x2 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | 55-250mm f/4 | Nissin Di466
    = Broke student.

Like #3 too but not selective colour. Be interested to see it in natural SOOC state or as converted b/w with lighting emphasis on bride and dress (which I think you have already). #2 should have a cigarette in grooms hand!
    5D Mark III, 7DGripped, 30DGripped, Canon 70 - 200 F2.8 IS II, Tokina AF 11-16mm F2.8, Sigma 30mmF1.4, Canon 50mm F1.4 USM, Canon 24-105mm F4L IS, Speedlite 430ex ii and other stuff.

http://jimpollardgoesclick.com

https://www.facebook.com/jimpollardgoesclick

wow Nice one..

Quote Originally Posted by bigROBOTbill View Post
    Nice shots!

but:
    groom's hand needs to be in contact with wife when kissing though, it's s'posed to be a romantic moment they just can't resist, not a chore. Best to have the bride's face showing if poss. Him smelling the perfume on her wrist or neck makes a nice shot, usually get a laugh or two as well. Heads touching with both sets of eyes closed works, specially when you tell them to think naughty...
    Take it on the chin, wedding poses are really hard to manage, so much to observe so much to manage, but just keep shooting.
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurhh View Post
    wedding poses are really hard to manage, so much to observe so much to manage, but just keep shooting.
    Not at all, just takes practice, and if a shot is poor, just keeping on shooting will just give you more poor shots.

first and last are nice, but please, selective desaturation, never do it again!

Nice photo shot and amazing couple! Background Image is also very beautiful. Nice job. The good thing about the photo is the lighting effect.

Some good tips above, like the shoes shot, wouldn't have thought of adding that one to the ring/dress/bouquet list etc

Read somewhere a good tip for natural relaxed poses is to tell them these are just test shots to get a feel for the scene and lighting.

Nice photos and Amazing couple! I like 2nd and 3rd photo most. Main thing is that the photo is the lighting effect. Good Job.