Thread: November Wedding

Default November Wedding

We recently covered a wedding at the Lodge @ Pauahatanui Inlet. This is the first wedding we covered/post processed after we significantly altered our workflow.

More photos here:
    http://candycapco.com/2011/12/11/the...exian-natalie/

C&C welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Sorry, I really don't like that treatment, but then again, my opinion doesn't matter a fig! Do they like them?

I really like that last pose.

Seems a bit flat and dull really. Poses are good, last one is very nice, hint of lust is always good.
    Pity about the white shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by bigROBOTbill View Post
    Seems a bit flat and dull really. Poses are good, last one is very nice, hint of lust is always good
    Was thinking the same when looking at these - love the poses/composition but the treatment is personally not my cup of tea.

I'm going to disagree with everyone here and say I love the post production on the images. Incredibly dreamy and has that perfect "vintage" romance about it, even the black and whites.. I've been loving the low contrast black and whites lately.
    Last edited by Georgina; 13-12-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Canon EOS 7D | Canon EOS 400D x2 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | 55-250mm f/4 | Nissin Di466
    = Broke student.

colour ones are fine, monochromes are flat and lack contrast. but as already said, if you got the green from a happy customer, then who cares!

Great set, Jay.

I'm in the 'like' camp for the 'vintage' treatment too.

Why is the groom wearing white shoes though?! Or am I just old fashioned.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

Ha white shoe comments - awesome! I've been to heaps of weddings here and abroad where its the trend for the groom to have some fun with shoes. Skate shoes are the way fwd here in Qtn.

Mmm interesting. I've been following your work for a bit now and tend to agree with the above comments of flatness. However when you look at the post on your blog and see all the pics on there they look amazing and work very well. Good stuff peeps.
    5D Mark III, 7DGripped, 30DGripped, Canon 70 - 200 F2.8 IS II, Tokina AF 11-16mm F2.8, Sigma 30mmF1.4, Canon 50mm F1.4 USM, Canon 24-105mm F4L IS, Speedlite 430ex ii and other stuff.

http://jimpollardgoesclick.com

https://www.facebook.com/jimpollardgoesclick

Cool images, they look happy and in love

Thanks for the comments everyone, I really do appreciate the feedback.

Indeed our style has always been 'vintage romance' - see our website/facebook

Good point Jim, I think perhaps the photos look subpar here but ok on the website?

Re: shoes, i wore chuck taylors to my wedding although they were leather and black!

Though the others aren't to my taste, I'm absolutely in love with that last image. Wow, what a story!

(Coming from someone still on the hunt for a photographer for their wedding hehe)

I am a big fan of vintage/cinematic edit. I do it to my photos very often. Photography is an art. You will always find 1/2 the people disagreeing with your style and the other 1/2 totally buying it. Doesn't matter. Photographer should stick to his/her own style. I agree with the lack of punch in the black and whites though. Nothing a little bit of tweak won't fix though. LOVE the last photo. The one with the bride gazing down is good too.
    Nikon D90 / Tamron 17-50 f2.8 / etc

http://denniskee.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Though the others aren't to my taste, I'm absolutely in love with that last image. Wow, what a story!

(Coming from someone still on the hunt for a photographer for their wedding hehe)
    Know where your coming from, my wedding 21 Jan, no current photog, just a mate of mine whom I used to do weddings with many years ago, taking my gear to get the shots. I know what we achieved as a team many years ago with Bronica 4x5 plus SLR Pentax and 35mm but he gave up Photog and I went amature and down the track of Landscape and other non people photog when I took the mater up again as a hobby several years ago.

Hope he remebers all the stuff he knew years ago and can translate that from the Bronica Film gear to the modern Canon DSLR gear I am giving him. It would be a little hard for me to ask the Minister to wait while I kept rushing back to the camera and setting it up for the next shot off a remote in my pocket
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Its a shame the groom could only pout instead of some attempt to smile. And his bodylanguage in many of the shots was 'not involved' which is also a shame. Not that you can do anything about either LOL
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

weka2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Hey anyone want to have a go at shooting a wedding .... free food for free photos ....... all you can eat
    Ive never shot a wedding how hard can it be

When is it?

Make it a hellophoto members group meet and documented by D-photo mag.

weka2000 Guest

Sorted then

I bags the photographers getting ready shots
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.