Thread: A few more bird shots for comment

Default A few more bird shots for comment

Here are a few more shots taken over the last 12 months or so of learning/playing.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Wow #2 is very special! It's got a nice abstract feel to it.
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.

Thanks for that, it took a lot of shots of empty sky to get this 1.

WOW these show real potential

#1 slightly OOF probably due to being handheld but the colours are wonderful, and Tuis are particularly shy in my experience in the wild, so getting that close is excellent
    #2 really clever shot, awesome timing, could be improved with cropping and a bit of processing to boost the colours
    #3 again slightly OOF but again a difficult bird to shoot in my experience
    #4 is the money shot for sure

A great series and you clearly have an excellent eye, and waaaaaay more patience for shooting birds, or superninja stalking skillz

I had a bit of a play with your Tui shot in LR - nothing much just toned down the sky a bit to make it look a bit more natural

Name:  TuiEdited-.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  516.3 KB
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

Wow, that just helps tp make it pop. Thanks!
    Now how do i do that in Photoshop?

I love #2. It's full of nature being nature. The wings and tail doing their thing, the feast in front of the bird. It's all going on.

no idea, i dont use it, I use LR, is SO MUCH EASIER to do basic processing in, and even certain levels of more fancier editing
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

Wow what a pic

Thank you, I was fortunate in that he was so busy gorging on the pollen that I managed to get in close.

wow i am sort of a expert on wildlife and for getting that fantail in flight thats just awesome.. this is what i like people dont give up and keep on trying. So well done im trying to capture some fantails iswell...