Thread: Plea for help with PS Elements 8 from a D-Photo reader

Default Plea for help with PS Elements 8 from a D-Photo reader

Hi folks,

I have had a D-Photo reader call me up asking for help with Photoshop Elements 8, which he has recently reinstalled on a new computer. I couldn't be of any service but I'm hoping some of you knowledgable forum members might be able to point him in the right direction:

Iím having problems with Photoshop Elements 8.

Most tools become three miniature halftone, ie, The Crop tool becomes three tiny tools side by side.
    Likewise with the Eyedropper tool, and the Hand tool.

When cropping, the outside turns a bright pinky red. Very difficult to alter size and or
    rotate the crop.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, all to no avail.

I have a new motherboard, hard drive, CPU. and Ram.

Iím hoping someone has an answer to these problems.
    Thanking you in advance.
    Any assistance I'm sure would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Hi folks,

I have had a D-Photo reader call me up asking for help with Photoshop Elements 8, which he has recently reinstalled on a new computer. I couldn't be of any service but I'm hoping some of you knowledgable forum members might be able to point him in the right direction:

Any assistance I'm sure would be greatly appreciated!
    OK - not an elements user (I know photoshop pretty well), but if I interpret what they are saying correctly:

The first "problem" (miniature tools) - I would guess he is clicking on the corner of the tool icon and launching the flyout of alternative tools to choose from.

For the second, it sounds like he has managed to click on mask mode (red is the default colour for masks in photoshop).

Without seeing a picture or two it is hard to determine the exact issue, but that would be my best guess based on the info provided. If that's not what's happening there are plenty of forums (adobe host plenty for instance) that would be better placed to answer.

Hope this helps
    Duncan
    Check out my Flickr account through Fluidr

Thanks for the response Duncan, Peter has sent through a couple of images to better illustrate the problem - let me know if that clears anything up.
    Name:  PSE 8 Tools.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  783.9 KB

Urk - not what I thought then!

At a guess, a problem/conflict with the graphics card or display drivers? Can't be more specific than that I'm afraid, but as I said, if he posts this onto a Photoshop/Elements board such as the ones hosted at Adobe I'm sure he'll get a response...
    Check out my Flickr account through Fluidr

He should try to restore his default preferences as described here.

Apparently the corrupt preferences will remain even after uninstalling/reinstalling.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks guys, I'll pass the advice on.