Thread: A New Forum Please

Default A New Forum Please

Can we create a new forum group perhaps called Diversions or something similar for the recent threads established as a follow me with something new that Desmond and I have been playing with. It could also be a good location for such threads as Random images and Another sunset etc and lower the noise for those not interested in this sort of thing.
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

This forum has about a zillion cataforys/subforums already. We dont need more I think.
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

^^ +1

Hi

I don't think I need to create a new forum for this sort of thread. From what I've seen in the last day or so, they are an excuse to clutter up the forum with a load of distinctly average photos.
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Ummm surely you are capable of filtering out which options you read......all by yourself?
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    Ummm surely you are capable of filtering out which options you read......all by yourself?
    Yep .
    I don't see that it would be clutter either ? Unless it is going to cost more to run ? . The big forums all have threads like that and they are the fun that keeps beginners interested in posting images instead of lurking . I think we should be open minded to 'different' posts rather than being negative about change .
    Shooting with Nikon D40 , D50 , 2 X D90 , 2X SB800 2 X SB24 1 X SB400 . Tarmon 17-50 F2.8 , Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Nikon 35mm F1.8 50mm F1.8 , 85mm F1.8 , 18-200VR , 18-105 VR , 70-200VR , Fuji F31fd .
    http://desmond-downs.blogspot.co.nz/...-depth-of.html

The bar stool thread is for this type of "fun". I'm all for change, but simply posting up a load of old junk because it fits a word does not merit a new section.
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The bar stool thread is for this type of "fun". I'm all for change, but simply posting up a load of old junk because it fits a word does not merit a new section.
    This type of attitude is what is making this forum go stale . I resent my work being called "a load of old junk" and I imagine others do as well because I'm pretty sure others also post images they are a little proud of and will now feel nervous about posting again on those threads . The idea is to encourage people to post images - occasionally someone posts an image that gets a really good response and they realize it is a good image and they learn from it and get encouraged to do more .
    I visit this forum less and less - mostly because I know that you in particular are negative towards things I say and do - it's not a good atmosphere which is a pity because it would be nice to have a friendly local forum .
    Anyway I'm not arguing for the case of a totally new section for " a load of old junk" to be posted - just saying that maybe you need to be more open minded towards others - your way isn't the only right way .
    Shooting with Nikon D40 , D50 , 2 X D90 , 2X SB800 2 X SB24 1 X SB400 . Tarmon 17-50 F2.8 , Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Nikon 35mm F1.8 50mm F1.8 , 85mm F1.8 , 18-200VR , 18-105 VR , 70-200VR , Fuji F31fd .

It doesn't cost anything to have another section, and I'm quite happy to put one in. Can you give me some more specifics. I don't think 'diversions' is necessarily the best name, unless we come up with a killer description for it. What would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    It doesn't cost anything to have another section, and I'm quite happy to put one in. Can you give me some more specifics. I don't think 'diversions' is necessarily the best name, unless we come up with a killer description for it. What would you suggest?
    I agree the name is appropriate, we should encourage its use for the game threads that Desmond and I have been playing with.
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Why not create a sub-forum simply entitled 'The Arthur and Desmond show' ?

The forum really doesn't need another mediocre section to dilute the already sparse content (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Why not create a sub-forum simply entitled 'The Arthur and Desmond show' ?

The forum really doesn't need another mediocre section to dilute the already sparse content (IMO)
    If the content is sparse, what can we do to thicken it up and get more stuff happening? What do you want to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    If the content is sparse, what can we do to thicken it up and get more stuff happening? What do you want to see?
    How about "Fun and Games" - that should get more stuff happening if that's what we're after.
    I think content is sparse because of negativity on many posts. Something with a fun theme would hopefully encourage more 'lurkers' to post their images and maybe discover some hidden talent or provide encouragement for those who thought their images weren't worth posting elsewhere when they find others like the image.
    I don't think it will encourage "mediocre junk" to be posted as most people who post am image are at least slightly proud of them even if they don't think they meet the standards of others . It's a means of creating 'Neutral ground' for shy posters.