Thread: Famous Modern Photojournalists/War Photographers

Default Famous Modern Photojournalists/War Photographers

Can anyone think of any? Need to be current and preferably have enough information out there to talk about for 15-20mins. Was orginaly going to do this on Robert Capa, then found out they have to be a current (or recently current) photography. The almighty google is not helping me much with this one.
    Canon 6D Gripped | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L ii | Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG OS HSM | Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM | Gitzo Basalt Explorer 3 | Canon Speedlite 600EX's ST-E3-RT| Lightroom 5 |

CWyatt Guest

Nachtwey.

Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

CWyatt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Craig Walker is brilliant, and a famous PJ, but I'm not sure just going to the highly American pulitzers is a good choice. If you want to talk for twenty minutes (about what by the way?), Nachtwey is a top choice for not only being the most famous war photographer alive, but by being considered by many as the 'modern Capa' and there are many videos/film(War Photographer) and stories about him and the way he approaches photography as well as the merits of that approach.

It's for my historic values and future trends, we have to talk about the photographer generally + analyse some of there photos and make links to other photographers worked. I've looked at Nachtwey and he does seem like a good choice.
    Canon 6D Gripped | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L ii | Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG OS HSM | Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM | Gitzo Basalt Explorer 3 | Canon Speedlite 600EX's ST-E3-RT| Lightroom 5 |