Thread: NZ photographer still in jail

CWyatt Guest

Default NZ photographer still in jail

Saw this story the other day and thought he'd gotten off with a fine, but it looks like award-winning Kiwi photojournalist Robin Hammond, based in Cape Town, is still in a Zimbabwe jail.

That's sad news, I certainly hope he gets released safely soon.

The last I heard from Robin he was trying to raise money for his Condemned project, focusing on mental illness in Africa. By the looks of his crowd funding page he got the funding, hopefully he'll be able to finish work on the project soon.

Looks like they'll have to do some crowd funding for his 'get out of jail' bribe too.
    Canon 5DIII | 7D | 16-35mm f2.8L II | 17-40mm f4L | 24mm f1.4L II | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm f1.2L II | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 300mm f2.8L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | 580EX II

CWyatt Guest

Some info this morning:
    Dear all, Thank you so much for your concern. Robin is still detained in Zimbabwe and I don't know when he will be released. I just wanted to let you know that he is ok. - Aude

CWyatt Guest

http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/mnr/mnr...mbabwe-048.mp3

For some reason I can't hear this

If you haven't found a text version yet Camus it essentially has Robin's lawyer reporting that he has been fined $150 and hasn't decided yet whether he will appeal a deportation order to NZ that will see him driven to Zimbabwe capital, Harare.

CWyatt Guest

Still in jail, has only just been transferred to Harare.

CWyatt Guest

I don't know if it was wise for some of the details to be published on Stuff.
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.

CWyatt Guest

Which ones?