Thread: My first official wedding shoot as second shooter.

Default My first official wedding shoot as second shooter.

Nikon D90 / Tamron 17-50 f2.8 / etc

http://denniskee.blogspot.com

Great set! Silly tossers with their guns, but nice photos nonethless, I'm sure they will be rapt.
    I like the one of the two younger guys getting ready particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigROBOTbill View Post
    Great set! Silly tossers with their guns, but nice photos nonethless, I'm sure they will be rapt.
    I like the one of the two younger guys getting ready particularly.
    For a first "official" set they look very accomplished, well done.

I echo Jos' comment above though; I reckon they'll look back on the gun ones in years to come and cringe...oh and not too keen on the one where they are "peeing" in the lake. But, hey, each to their own...
    Check out my Flickr account through Fluidr

Good set, in fact, for your first, its more than good. However, just check that the bride and groom are happy for you to post your images online. We specifically requested that no one did so at ours, and most weddings I do I ask the bride and groom to consider this aspect. Generally this results in the guests being asked not to post images online till the "official" images have been displayed by the bride and groom. I once attended a wedding and photos of the ceremony were on facebook before the ceremony was even finished!.

Nice job. The guns etc don't bother me, but then they are tools of trade

It's called the internet peedee...

There's nothing you can do really.

Also the average person would feel happy to have the photographer showing off their photos as ones they are proud of. It's all done for other people, the whole wedding drama tends to be one big fat gypsy wedding , only on a smaller budget by and large.

Then again, I am a jaded old wedding/portrait photographer from the old days...

I'd pay for those. Best compliment I can give, really.

The preparation shots are the best. I think the ceremony and reception ones are a bit soft focus? Could be just the blog site choking pixels?

As for the gun shots, in my opinion if the client asked for that, provide it. Just be sure that you're assertive enough with the client to bank some more traditional shots first (which clearly you've done).

-Jamie