Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chc - Lightpainting workshop

"Not so dry a run" then?
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Hell no, direct stuff too! Full on ligth spheres etc. Its all on!

Thanks for the $2 store tip!
    Light Spheres are so passée these days I loved a thread not so long ago here were a guy was tracking wifi availability with a bar graph pole which he walked through the exposure and it showed the Wifi level.

Creating a light sphere is like a right of passage thing, we all have to do it. But it is possible to do more creative things than that and if anyone can we Kiwis Can

I look forward to the results and someone who can give me the right terminoly for the two light painting areas I mentioned in my first post.
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    Im in, I have a couple of torches, need to get a remote release but thats no drama. I have friends who are into cycling a lot, I can probably borrow a spare/old wheel from them. Also kids light sabers make good subjects as well

Some ideas for playing

http://photoextremist.com/page/3?s=light+paint
    I brought a (none canon)IR remote cost under $10 ,in bulb mode click once to open and again to close with what ever delay in between.

I got from Mark,hes in chch http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...?member=102204
    6D = 40mm f2.8 = 50mm f1.8 = 70-300 f4-5.6 Tamron = 400mm f5.6L = Flash thing = P.O.S Tripod.

Flickr

More creative things with lights at night http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/0...y-lee-eunyeol/
    Blue Rose - Canon 7D & 50mm F1.8 & 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM & 70-200mm F4 IS L & 10-22 UWA and 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, 580EX II, Manfrotto Tripod legs Tamrac/Lowepro backpacks FLICKR
    LensAddiction - Photography Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter_1 View Post
    I brought a (none canon)IR remote cost under $10 ,in bulb mode click once to open and again to close with what ever delay in between.

I got from Mark,hes in chch http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...?member=102204
    Got my attentiion here, canoins do no more than 30secs on command unless you are on bulb setting, is this what your are refering to?

If not on bulb then canon will probably want your arse under the USA bow down to us Treaty (AKA known as get Kim Dot Com)
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurhh View Post
    Got my attentiion here, canoins do no more than 30secs on command unless you are on bulb setting, is this what your are refering to?

If not on bulb then canon will probably want your arse under the USA bow down to us Treaty (AKA known as get Kim Dot Com)
    Correct when in bulb mode,remote works in other modes also but still max 30secs at a guess(Kim needs to tee up with Jenny C )
    6D = 40mm f2.8 = 50mm f1.8 = 70-300 f4-5.6 Tamron = 400mm f5.6L = Flash thing = P.O.S Tripod.

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurhh View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean here but you can only shoot up to 30 seconds unless your in bulb mode, this is pretty much standard on every slr.
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

I'm new to the forum, but am keen to come along and try this out. The 31st sounds good to me.

I'm thinking of doing a lightpainting workshop thing i Christchurch on a Tuesday evening somewhere & wondered if anyone would be interested in coming along?

I havnt done much myself but know where to start and it should be good fun. I've a friend in the Uk who does a lot of this and has had some fun workshops. LongExposures.co.uk

Not picked a location yet, theres an absolute ton of industrial or rural/beachy spots to have a go at.

I'll try find as much lighting as I can but anything goes. Torches, battery powered led xmas lights, flashes, with gels etc.

Thinking Tuesday 24th or 31st about 6:30-7pm for a first go?
    Count me in. I have been looking at this just recently and would love to give it a go.

hey cool, more people is always good!

Will probably split us off into groups of 3 for different things then see what we can all come up with at the end of the evening.

Me to I am keen to learn have been looking at this for some time.

Anyone using wireless shutter release? The canon wired remote is very short ...

I've used my rf602's as wireless triggers but you have to hold the button down to keep the shutter open.

Default Wireless Shutter release

I got a YongNuo wireless one works great cost me abot NZ$15 out of china

Apparently there is "Painting with Light Brain Brake rediscovered." on Sky channel 17 tonight at 10pm for all those with sky! Someone share it if you can!

Apparently there is "Painting with Light Brain Brake rediscovered." on Sky channel 17 tonight at 10pm for all those with sky! Someone share it if you can!
    I've set it to record, but not sure if I can "Share" it off MySky?
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I've set it to record, but not sure if I can "Share" it off MySky?
    Unfortunately not while mysky units have lots of nice ports I am astounded that no one has hacked it yet to allow the transfer of a recording off it to a pc

Nice one
    Set to record

Just watch it on isky, sure someone will share some login details

Quote Originally Posted by mrfinster View Post
    Just watch it on isky, sure someone will share some login details
    Wish I could, the channel doesn't seem to be available on iSky even though I am subscribed to the channel with sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Nice one
    Set to record
    Did You go with mksky in the end btw?
    Canon > 5DIII | 17-40 L | 35 L | 24-105 L | 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L | 100 L | 400 f/2.8 IS II L | 600 EX-RT | 1.4x TC III | 2x TC III

Heh my finger leds turned up today , $5 or something for 8 of them, Pam had a play.. There really quite bright!

This is ISO 100 f9 or something...

I watched the BB thingy last night. It was quite interesting seeing how he created some of the shots

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Did You go with mksky in the end btw?
    Yeah we did thanks, it's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Yeah we did thanks, it's amazing!
    I have had MySki for a while, a program I wanted to watch clashed with a standard appointment of mine so I did a series link on it, well I never have found the time yet to view it. Now that the hard drive is failing in my 12 month old unit I am about to lose all content on it. So if you want to see it view it before it fails there are no back ups.