Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasonable phone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    First post, eep.

Before you jump for an iPhone 4, mine has that dratted blue-spot thing in the majority of my photos. Well-documented problem, I could probably find a solution if I weren't so tragically lazy.
    The iPhone 5's camera is fantastic I hear!
    I get that too on some photos, most notably when I shoot into a light source.

How did you and Lisa get on with getting a phone camera Desmond ? I purchased the iPhone 4 just recently and it has traveled fine in my bag with the debris for nearly a week now. The thing i don't like about it is that the screen gets yukki smeary looking real fast . I have got a protective film over it and it does the same .However,mostly it's very user friendly and I'm having fun adding new apps ..(only the useful ones ofcourse , fantastic torch etc. ) I havn't taken any startling photos with it and need to experiment more but have seen some really lovely ones other people have taken with the same model. I took this one this arvo just to show you. Slight crop at the bottom and a wee touch up in photoshop but a bit much noise ..and size reduction didn't enhance it either. Am quite looking forward to doing some video stuff as it's a 32GB so a bit of room to spare. It's also quite handy to have easy internet connection and am not going to bother taking my laptop down to Wanaka next week. (i don't use it for photography and it's a heavy old clunker ) So just letting you know how it is for me a new user with a phone camera if it's any help.
    Name:  photo iphone resize.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  950.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    How did you and Lisa get on with getting a phone camera Desmond ? I purchased the iPhone 4 just recently and it has traveled fine in my bag with the debris for nearly a week now. The thing i don't like about it is that the screen gets yukki smeary looking real fast . I have got a protective film over it and it does the same .However,mostly it's very user friendly and I'm having fun adding new apps ..(only the useful ones ofcourse , fantastic torch etc. ) I havn't taken any startling photos with it and need to experiment more but have seen some really lovely ones other people have taken with the same model. I took this one this arvo just to show you. Slight crop at the bottom and a wee touch up in photoshop but a bit much noise ..and size reduction didn't enhance it either. Am quite looking forward to doing some video stuff as it's a 32GB so a bit of room to spare. It's also quite handy to have easy internet connection and am not going to bother taking my laptop down to Wanaka next week. (i don't use it for photography and it's a heavy old clunker ) So just letting you know how it is for me a new user with a phone camera if it's any help.
    We haven't got one yet - but my new D5100 is on its way
    Shooting with Nikon D40 , D50 , 2 X D90 , 2X SB800 2 X SB24 1 X SB400 . Tarmon 17-50 F2.8 , Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Nikon 35mm F1.8 50mm F1.8 , 85mm F1.8 , 18-200VR , 18-105 VR , 70-200VR , Fuji F31fd .
    http://desmond-downs.blogspot.co.nz/...-depth-of.html

Hmmm , i don't think that thing fits in the handbag and also is not equipped with sending and taking messages etc.... i think something wrong with this picture ..buzz..buzz ..static..not receiving ..som ethi ng w r ong w it h th e l i n e ,.. Ahaha , so this is Lisa's camera ...nice
    Last edited by Lia; 01-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Hmmm , i don't think that thing fits in the handbag and also is not equipped with sending and taking messages etc.... i think something wrong with this picture ..buzz..buzz ..static..not receiving ..som ethi ng w r ong w it h th e l i n e ,.. Ahaha , so this is Lisa's camera ...nice
    No it's my new camera We'll get Lisa one soon
    Shooting with Nikon D40 , D50 , 2 X D90 , 2X SB800 2 X SB24 1 X SB400 . Tarmon 17-50 F2.8 , Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Nikon 35mm F1.8 50mm F1.8 , 85mm F1.8 , 18-200VR , 18-105 VR , 70-200VR , Fuji F31fd .

I know and was just being cheeky... Hope Lisa gets one soon though , wasted opportunities and all that. I got third equal in a comp. the brief was hdr and i'm no show boat with that application but shot it with my point and shoot ..here it is..have not been able to master photography with my iPhone i will admit though but watch this space. Experimenting ..
    Name:  Mr Dunns house resize 1000.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  620.2 KB

I have a Samsung S2 which is new so haven't used for many snaps, but for that purpose seems very good, as I generally have it with me, but don't always have the camera. Two friends have the same phone and get quite acceptable photos with it, which was a factor for me choosing that phone.

I know and was just being cheeky... Hope Lisa gets one soon though , wasted opportunities and all that. I got third equal in a comp. the brief was hdr and i'm no show boat with that application but shot it with my point and shoot ..here it is..have not been able to master photography with my iPhone i will admit though but watch this space. Experimenting ..
    Name:  Mr Dunns house resize 1000.jpg
Size:  620.2 KB
    Oh - I do like that shot!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgillro View Post
    I have a Samsung S2 which is new so haven't used for many snaps, but for that purpose seems very good, as I generally have it with me, but don't always have the camera. Two friends have the same phone and get quite acceptable photos with it, which was a factor for me choosing that phone.
    Thanks

Will try add one of my first photos with the phone. Name:  Park 008-1.jpg
Size:  335.1 KB

Dog has his eyes shut!! Not the only flaw I know :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mcgillro View Post
    Will try add one of my first photos with the phone.

Dog has his eyes shut!! Not the only flaw I know :-)
    Still quite sufficient for web use

I've got an S2 and I'm happy with its camera:

Check out my Flickr account through Fluidr

Quote Originally Posted by duncanm View Post
    I've got an S2 and I'm happy with its camera:

Definitely nothing wrong with those samples !

These shots look totally cool , nice as . I am really going to give the iPhone camera a good going over ..just for the fun of it