Thread: Pulled the trigger and spent more money

Talking Pulled the trigger and spent more money

Well my 3 Yongnuo 622C flash triggers are on there way $185 total not too bad paid more for those rubbish pixel knights
    Just to cap it off I also have just ordered a CamRanger NZ$418 all up, if I am Lucky I get away with GST
    So I guess I wont be getting anything else to play with this month
    I Just Have Cameras and Stuff
    I don't have an Artistic Eye - I have a Technical Bent & a love of Gadgets
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Actually now it creates a new problem, I need a good swivel bracket type arrangement to attach my iPad to my tripod and other things, sort of some clamp arrangement any ideas?
    Give an Artist a box of different sized colour blocks and he will create an art work; give me the same box and I will sort it by colour and then size :)

Those triggers seem to be $80USD a pop on Amazon, how in the world did you get them so cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    Those triggers seem to be $80USD a pop on Amazon, how in the world did you get them so cheap!
    Check trade me

John Chalmers AKA John Thompson, http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics...-563630079.htm

But I tend to email him ask for what I want and get a dam good price
    Last edited by Arthur; 17-02-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: More Info

Wouldnt you know it. Spent about as much as I want to this month and now I have been offered a light meter I want, Bugger.

just buy it, you only live once

I wonder if John would be willing to drop his price on the top-spec Yongnuo flash a tad, $100 over the eBay price seems a bit excessive for a product nodobut purchased wholesale from Yongnuo themselves.
    I'd buy a set of these triggers to match the flash too :/

I wonder if John would be willing to drop his price on the top-spec Yongnuo flash a tad, $100 over the eBay price seems a bit excessive for a product nodobut purchased wholesale from Yongnuo themselves.
    I'd buy a set of these triggers to match the flash too :/
    If you dont like his price, then buy them from dx.com or Yongnuo Shop with the associated delays and freight etc.
    I think he has 565ex at about $250 which is not brilliant but not bad either

Default Triggers arrived this morning

Only paid him by bank transfer on Friday afternoon so dam good delivery.

So far they look extremely positive. Yongnu 565ex and Sigma EF-500 DG Super are playing nicely together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurhh View Post
    If you dont like his price, then buy them from dx.com or Yongnuo Shop with the associated delays and freight etc.
    I think he has 565ex at about $250 which is not brilliant but not bad either
    $250 would be perfectly fine, the trademe price is $295 so significantly more. Will reach out to him.

$250 would be perfectly fine, the trademe price is $295 so significantly more. Will reach out to him.
    As far as I can determine there are Several versions of the 565 EX at the moment
    Std
    and a new model with HSS for cameras that support it

Ah whoops, was meaning the 568, the latest with HSS and decent reviews thus far. Scratch that idea.

Just ordered a pair Arthur, I emailed him and am getting them delivered for $115.00 and $2.00 off a cheap takumar to canon converter.

He's great to deal with i must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Just ordered a pair Arthur, I emailed him and am getting them delivered for $115.00 and $2.00 off a cheap takumar to canon converter.

He's great to deal with i must say.
    I cannot recommend the guy enough. He is old school and great to deal with

+1 for John Chalmers! Bought lots of stuff through him, wicked dude and always willing to help!