Thread: Camera Shoulder Straps - BlackRapid or Alternative?

Default Camera Shoulder Straps - BlackRapid or Alternative?

I regularly shoot with two bodies, one with the 70-200 on it and the other with a wider angle.

Currently I have a system where I use my backpack chest strap to hold the standard neck straps on my shoulders. Works but it is not ideal.

Does anyone else use a BlackRapid setup, or something alternative? I am just wondering what they are like to use, and what is the best option.
    My Gear: 2 x 7D | EF-S 10-22 | EF 24-105L | EF 70-200 F2.8L IS | EF 300 F4L IS
    | 2 x 580 EXII | Phottix Odin Triggers |

Use a black rapid system - love it, so much easier on the shoulders when carrying multiple bodies!

On the few occassions I have carried 2 bodies I have used the BR strap with the 70-200 on, then for the smaller lens I have used the b-grip (www.bgrip.com) on my belt. Works really well.

The advantage of the b-grip is that it holds the lens off your leg in a very controlled manner, so it doesn't wobble or bang around. Easy to get on or off and very secure. The plate on the camera is also Manfrotto RC2 QR compatible.

I've bought the BlackRapid knockoffs from ebay. Including delivery it came to around NZD30. I did compared to the BlackRapid it was exactly the same, materials and quality wise.
    Now that I've got one and actually used it, in hind sights, I will have no problems buying the rapid strap when this knockoff fails. (when it fails).
    :: Nikon D800E :: 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro :: Nikon 50mm f/1.4D :: Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 :: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRII ::
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yakyyaky

I use the holdfast money maker: http://holdfastgear.com/?products/money-maker.html
    A tad pricey but I like the look and I like leather, and it is very comfortable.
    Lighten up!
    I shoot with Canon EOS 500 & 6D, EFS17-55 f2.8, EF35L f1.4, EF135L f2, Speedlites 580EX II & 430EX II.