Thread: Big Norman.co.nz

Default Big Norman.co.nz

Has anyone purchased camera gear from these guys? Any issues, or recommendations? They do seem to be cheaper and their photography gear comes with a 3 year warranty. All parallel imported stock I would imagine.

They will drop ship.

The .co.nz domain is registered by someone in brissy, the website says they are in sydnam chc.

The .com is well known for being based out of Gibraltar.

You'll probably get what you pay for...
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

Then again I would suggest steering clear?
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2031916

Use a better known grey importer
    Canon 5DmkII, 400L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24mmf3.5 TS-E, Canon 70-200f2.8L, Tamron 90mm SP AF Di f2.8 Macro, Sigma 50mmf1.4 EX HSM, Nissin Di866 flash, Manfrotto 190xprob & Markins Q3t head, Lee filters, Lowepro Flipside 400AW, Yong Nuo rf 602 triggers.

As rob said, they're a 'global' company that import into various countries. Their UK feedback is terrible, from memory. I would stay away.

I used einfo last week and their service has been awesome so far (paid monday, lens turned up by courier the next day).

~p

stic Guest

Use E-info...

2 lenses, flash and two bodies from them...all good.

Thanks for the feedback.

BigNorman = big msitake for me: No goods & no refund to my bank account

As BigNorman provided no goods and no refund after many of my attempts to contact them over the last two and a half months, I am getting a charge back processed on my credit card.

BigNorman did communicate, and did attempt to refund the money, but my definition of a refund is that it arrive in my bank account. It is their responsibility to see this happens.

They have no New Zealand presence, despite the ".co.nz" in their website address. There is no contact details on their invoice. When I asked for their address, they just gave me the address of their lawyer on Gibraltar.

The parallel imports are keeping the local bricks and mortar shops on their toes, I inquired about a K5 at the Photo Warehouse a couple of weeks back, the price was only about $80 more than getting it in from the states.
    I only have to get the bonus gods to smile upon me, the rumors are not good however